Lemon Blue Cochins~~***BRAND NEW PICTURES***~~~

Quote:
Very pretty bird but he's not Lemon Blue.

We've tried mentioning that. It's not getting through. I vote for Lemony Blue or Buff Blue - at least someone wouldn't then expect it to breed true or be a specific genotype.

A reference photo:

Lemon Blue

AmerGameBtyLemonBlCEdVas.JPEG

Photo from feathersite.com

I had 4 chicks hatch. One passed today from unknown causes. I have one blue and 2 black left.

We understand it's not True Lemon Blue. But until someone comes up with a new name and starts calling it something different I don't know what to call it.

Quote:
I do not think one can call it a color until the color breeds true. JMO

Well, blue doesn't breed true
wink.png
Predictably, but not true
wink.png

I think one can name the goal before it is achieved; it certainly makes communication easier to have a name to use rather than sayig over and over "that bluish yellowish coloured bird we are trying to create."

However, coming up with a working standard is also important so that different breeders have the same goals, or if their goals differ, they are at least aware of the differences.

However, coming up with a working standard is also important so that different breeders have the same goals, or if their goals differ, they are at least aware of the differences.

In some pictures, it looks to me like they might be trying to get to blue on extended black, but having lost the melanisers, (possibly with dilute?).​

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom