Lemon Blue Cochins~~***BRAND NEW PICTURES***~~~

Pics
Here's a lemon blue FRIZZLE cockerel that I purchased recently.

I just love this frizzle boy and have assigned ownership of him to my handicapped son, who loves him too!

7083_12-16_003.jpg

Nice Lemon blue frizzle boy
love.gif
I purchased a Brown red frizzle boy a few weeks ago to be included in my Lemon blue breeding program. I can hardly wait to see the frizzled babies.

Here is a project pair
39309_dscn1256.jpg

39309_dscn2071.jpg

But I been thinking about pairing her up with this guy...
smile.png

39309_dscn1258.jpg

I can no longer keep this pair, and am looking for an avid breeder to pass them on.
big_smile.png

You could make Lemon Blues or Silver Blues by taking the offspring of either roo and from the blue hen and mate them(offspring)back to their fathers and you would be own your way to making them.

I agree with most of the people on here who have variations on the "lemon-blue" cochins. If one does not breed a brown-red to a blue or splash, call it something else...

I love the name bluff. We have ramped up our eggs on eBay again with Golden Laced, Blacks, Blues, Splash and Lemon-blues... um er, excuse me, Bluffs.
smile.png
We wil have silver laced and Buff soon as well. This is our 4th year breeding Bluffs and I don't think that anyone here has a problem with the coloring. Yeah sure, there are a few "techinical" people on here, but I mean, we are talking chickens. They are pretty and people like them, thats why I love my Cochins. They are not just employees...
lol.png
...they are family. We take very good care of our hens and always put them first before a sale.

I think the jury has made a decision, most of the cochins on here are not "true" lemon-blues, and I for one am OK with that. Now, let's get back to seeing what you guys have come up with. I love seeing the different colors of chickens you guys are getting.
smile.png

Don

Quote:
Don,

Thanks for the refreshing view on Bluffs aka Lemon Blue or Lemonade or whatever.....

Here are pics of three of my birds in the grow-out pen. These pics are a month old so they have all changed some & matured.

18946_for_sale_lb_cockerels_004.jpg

This boy is going to look very much like his father, Lemon Boy

18946_lemon_blue_001.jpg

Lemon Boy

18946_cockerels_for_sale_007.jpg

Spook is going to be interesting when he matures.

18946_for_sale_lb_cockerels_010.jpg

Catherine has already started to fill out & her cushion is really looking good.

I have high hopes for this color come Spring.

Quote:
I love Lemon Boy in the second pic!!! He is awesome looking. Spook looks like something we get when we breed our Bluffs. We have been calling them Aztec Golds and they have been semi-popular. Here is a pic of one of our young-ins.

Don

12736_img_4672.jpg

Last edited:
I love Lemon Boy in the second pic!!! He is awesome looking. Spook looks like something we get when we breed our Bluffs. We have been calling them Aztec Golds and they have been semi-popular. Here is a pic of one of our young-ins.

Don

Don,

Your Aztec Gold Boy & my Spook could be brothers. Do you ever get pullets with the same markings?

Thank you for the compliment on Lemon Boy. He really is spectacular & I have high hopes for his son in the first pic. I'd love to be hatching babies right now but my LF cochins are seasonal layers & I just won't have anything to incubate til Spring.

I have 3 Bluff girls (like Catherine) a brown/red hen & 2 Blue hens. I'll pair them with Lemon Boy this Spring & cross my fingers!

I'm pretty sure we have gotten pullets that look like spook. It's hard to remember because a couple of months after we took those pics, we had a bobcat raid that completely wiped out all of our lemon-blues from that breeding year. We lost 3 Bluff hens, 2 Bluff roos and a small handful of mixes. Not to mention all of my wife's D'uccles and our Tom and hen of our White Turkeys as well as a few of the Cornish-rock crosses we were raising. It was quite a mess that day. Almost made me want to give up chickens for good. Set us back about a year in egg sales.

Don

Back
Top Bottom