Let Me Draw Your Chickens!

Sorry, didn't get any drawing done today! I've been very busy. My mom invited me out to a movie so I decided to see Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom with her. I still geek out over the dinosaurs like I did when Jurassic Park came out. It was a much needed day off with my mom.
Tomorrow I'm working on some chicken runs (we are currently in a terrible storm, that'll be fun working in the mud...) and then I'll get back to drawing. I've been doing well so I don't want to lose my drawing streak :D

I love to draw chickens as well! I love your art so much, and it is very inspiring to me, as I also struggle from mental illness. Keep up the amazing work! Your art is beautiful :)

I still geek out over the dinosaurs like I did when Jurassic Park came out.

Do you do what I do and get mad that they're not accurate, lol? Like, in terms of the raptors, the species name not even being right?

I do like the 'fix' they put in Jurassic World in having Dr. Wu say that they are nothing like real dinosaurs because he was asked to create scary monsters, not real dinosaurs. So at least there's that.

Sorry, didn't get any drawing done today! I've been very busy. My mom invited me out to a movie so I decided to see Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom with her. I still geek out over the dinosaurs like I did when Jurassic Park came out. It was a much needed day off with my mom.
Tomorrow I'm working on some chicken runs (we are currently in a terrible storm, that'll be fun working in the mud...) and then I'll get back to drawing. I've been doing well so I don't want to lose my drawing streak :D
I marathoned all the Jurassic Park movies before I watched the new one. I liked it, but now I have to admit my girls kinda remind me of the velociraptors. So it creeps me out a bit when I turn my back and they sneak up on me. :oops:

Do you do what I do and get mad that they're not accurate, lol? Like, in terms of the raptors, the species name not even being right?

I do like the 'fix' they put in Jurassic World in having Dr. Wu say that they are nothing like real dinosaurs because he was asked to create scary monsters, not real dinosaurs. So at least there's that.
Yeah, the velociraptors are too big and lack the feathers and colors they should be. They should have used the Utahraptor instead. I'm not too bothered by it because when I first watched the movies I didn't know any better. But some of the other fake science bugs me something fierce.

Yeah, the velociraptors are too big and lack the feathers and colors they should be. They should have used the Utahraptor instead. I'm not too bothered by it because when I first watched the movies I didn't know any better. But some of the other fake science bugs me something fierce.

They're actually supposed to be deinonychus. Gregory St. Paul decided, when he wrote his book Predatory Dinosaurs of the World, to lump the deinonychus fossils under the name velociraptor, which wasn't correct. But Crichton took his inspiration for his book from this book, and so the deinonychus in his book were called 'velociraptors'.

And I really wanted them to make them feathered this time around, but no dice.

They're actually supposed to be deinonychus. Gregory St. Paul decided, when he wrote his book Predatory Dinosaurs of the World, to lump the deinonychus fossils under the name velociraptor, which wasn't correct. But Crichton took his inspiration for his book from this book, and so the deinonychus in his book were called 'velociraptors'.

And I really wanted them to make them feathered this time around, but no dice.
Wow! I hadn't realized. I just looked up the skeleton and I see what you mean. It's pretty much the rapors from the movies at a smaller scale. It will be cool to see them feathered out.

Wow! I hadn't realized. I just looked up the skeleton and I see what you mean. It's pretty much the rapors from the movies at a smaller scale. It will be cool to see them feathered out.

Emily Willoughby has done some really cool accurate deinonychus (and velociraptor) art.

My actual biggest gripe about the new movie isn't the dinosaur inaccuracies. I'm gonna put it under a spoiler for those who haven't seen the new movie yet.

So, the big driving force behind the whole plot of Fallen Kingdom was that when the volcano erupted and destroyed the island, no more dinosaurs would exist. So everybody was trying to get dinosaurs off the island and that's the whole reason anything in the movie happened.

Except, there's a whole second island? Site B? Isla Sorna? The island that two of the first three movies took place on and the setting of the second book? Like, what happened to that island? Aren't there dinosaurs still there?

Emily Willoughby has done some really cool accurate deinonychus (and velociraptor) art.

My actual biggest gripe about the new movie isn't the dinosaur inaccuracies. I'm gonna put it under a spoiler for those who haven't seen the new movie yet.

So, the big driving force behind the whole plot of Fallen Kingdom was that when the volcano erupted and destroyed the island, no more dinosaurs would exist. So everybody was trying to get dinosaurs off the island and that's the whole reason anything in the movie happened.

Except, there's a whole second island? Site B? Isla Sorna? The island that two of the first three movies took place on and the setting of the second book? Like, what happened to that island? Aren't there dinosaurs still there?

That bugged me too! Lots of things made no sense.
How do you have this whole underground lab where you're hatching these dinosaurs and no one notice? Plus the whole premise of Blue being able to somehow control another dinosaur solely on the fact she shares DNA. A trained dog doesn't necessarily breed trainable puppies, especially if the "other" parent is wild.

:hugs

Back
Top Bottom