Lethargic Hen Not Eating, Laying, and has Maggots in Feathers

Good afternoon! My Camera is still not working!😔sometimes it goes out for weeks at a time, hopefully it won't be too long before it starts working again.Sorry for the delay in updates, but I ran out to town to pick up some supplies for Daisy. Her wound is still leaking puss, and her feces has maggots in it! They must have gotten into her vent!😥 Anyway, when I got back from town, my tough girl layed an egg! She is braving through this!
Well if she later an egg that’s great! We want to get rid of those maggots so another warm bath would be good, or at least try picking out as many as possible. Try to keep her as clean and dry as possible.

Chickie Hospital stress, I know Daisy may be a bit stressed out in this new environment. She is in a large fish tank with plenty of ventilation. Do you have any ideas of some bordem busters for her?
I give Stacey mealworms as a treat. She also likes to have rocks in your container for some reason. She loves to stand on them and just roost sort of, they are boulder stones.

Her afternoon bath is finished, and today I
How is she doing?
Good Afternoon I am back from Church! Ok, no luck with cam yet, so try to picture this, the hole has gotton bigger and it was leaking blood instead of puss. It is scabbing over, Daisy is trying to peck at the scab but I am trying to discourage this behavior.

Her afternoon bath is finished, and today I

Good Afternoon I am back from Church! Ok, no luck with cam yet, so try to picture this, the hole has gotton bigger and it was leaking blood instead of puss. It is scabbing over, Daisy is trying to peck at the scab but I am trying to discourage this behavior.
Is the hole under the vent?

Back
Top Bottom