Lethargic Silkie what to do....

SmartyChick

An Official Milkmaid
10 Years
Oct 19, 2009
Sullivan County NY
Like my title implies, my poor 4 month old Silkie girl is very lethargic. She was fine one day and then the next is SUPER droopy, constantly sleeps with her head tucked under her wing, and has extreme diarrhea. She doesn't walk or really move anything except her head. She sometimes makes soft cooing sounds, that break my heart.
sad.png
I have her in a crate inside and giving her water in a dropper. She's been like this since yesterday. I frankly didn't think she would make it through the night but she did.
fl.gif

Anything else I can do?
idunno.gif

Chicken diarrhea in my country means sick chicken and means antibiotics in water (go to vet, for exact dose). Make sure your hen is properly feed and watered. My vet told me it's very important to be properly feed if it's sick. My roster is lethargic too and has semi paralysis, so basically we have the same problem - check my post for some info ( https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=415668 ).

Be careful about water drinking - my roster for example suddenly stop drink but i was aware.. else..

Back
Top Bottom