LG 9300 first time go

Hi, I just found your thread. I'm a first timer too with 13 Barred Rock eggs in lock down 6 hours into day 20. No signs of activity yet. I have an incubator with a fan and your thread made me very glad I started that way! Best of luck - I can't wait to see how your hatch comes out.

Hi, I just found your thread. I'm a first timer too with 13 Barred Rock eggs in lock down 6 hours into day 20. No signs of activity yet. I have an incubator with a fan and your thread made me very glad I started that way! Best of luck - I can't wait to see how your hatch comes out. 
lol glad we could make your day. Best of luck and share some photos. Hopefully we'll be posting photos on Sat or Sunday. Wish like heck we would have went with a fan kit from the start. The fan will be in for when we set on the 9th.

lol glad we could make your day. Best of luck and share some photos. Hopefully we'll be posting photos on Sat or Sunday. Wish like heck we would have went with a fan kit from the start. The fan will be in for when we set on the 9th.
fl.gif

Today is our lockdown day. We'll do that this afternoon. We'll be using some cut to fit 1x to raise the plastic support closer to the height the eggs were while in the turner. All channels will be filled, sponges will be added, all vents open, and nonslip shelf liner will be placed on top of the plastic grate..sponges will be in small bowls. Photos will be posted later today.

Today is our lockdown day. We'll do that this afternoon. We'll be using some cut to fit 1x to raise the plastic support closer to the height the eggs were while in the turner. All channels will be filled, sponges will be added, all vents open, and nonslip shelf liner will be placed on top of the plastic grate..sponges will be in small bowls. Photos will be posted later today.
So, you're elevating the eggs after you take them out of the turner?

Yes. We read about doing that. It keeps them close to the same height as they were before and we won't have to adjust the thermostat as much to keep them at temp.

just went into lock down. Should have taken photos of the three thin cut pieces of 1x number 2 untreated pine. Temps are getting quicky back to normal and humidity is around 60 already.

in this photo anyone interested can see the thin 1x cut at 14 inches long to raise the plastic grate. Temps are climbing right back to where they need to be since the probe when set on the hydrometer is just about at the same height where it was measuring temps before removing the turner.

I'm at day 8 of my first incubation attempt with the 9300 as well. I added a (80mm) to mine at medium speed. It's just USB powered so I plugged it into a tablet charger. Then fan really helps even out the temperatures. My temperature difference between the built in thermometer and the 3 others I'm using is more like 5-6 degrees. I also removed 6 of the 8 rubber feet on the fan to help it fit with the egg turner. - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00G059G86

Back
Top Bottom