LG 9300 first time go

2nd pip, even stronger than the first. Our 12 yo daughter finally heard one chirping inside the egg. Yay! We know, temps must have been a tad high to have the hatch begin on the 20th day. Chaulk it up to learning. Keeping our fingers and toes crossed that they make it out of the shell, fluff up and move to the brooder.

Last edited:
We just went through the same. Got our first pip about 4 to 5 hours into day 21. Then they make you wait again! Four were hatched on day 21 and four hatched in the wee hours of the night last night. Three of the remaining five have pipped. Hang in there.
thumbsup.gif

2nd pip, even stronger than the first. Our 12 yo daughter finally heard one chirping inside the egg. Yay! We know, temps must have been a tad high to have the hatch begin on the 20th day. Chaulk it up to learning. Keeping our fingers and toes crossed that they make it out of the shell, fluff up and move to the brooder.
fl.gif

Our first hatchling zipped about 17 hours after pipping. One of them zipped 36 hours after pipping! All of them had a signif amount of time pass b/w the two events. I have read in some posts that people have had their eggs move much more rapidly, but not our little group of barred rocks. Enjoy your hatch, and good for you for getting the temp where

it needed to be, to get them to this point. Here's a picture of our babies

Our first hatchling zipped about 17 hours after pipping. One of them zipped 36 hours after pipping! All of them had a signif amount of time pass b/w the two events. I have read in some posts that people have had their eggs move much more rapidly, but not our little group of barred rocks. Enjoy your hatch, and good for you for getting the temp where

it needed to be, to get them to this point. Here's a picture of our babies
oh thank you. Kids are wanting me to stay up.we just had the 5th egg pip. It is looking more and more like they will actually start hatching on the 21st day as scheduled. LOL. We will keep an eye on them until we fall asleep. Looks like fluff balls might magically appear while sleeping. We are grateful to the BYC community for the information shared. We got this is our montra after all tje great advice shared. Even if none hatch, unlikely, we know we are on the right track. We are already looking forward to the next go round

six have piped and the first to pip has begun to zip. It hammered its original spot and another, but took another rest. It is getting late but Lydia and I are trying to stay up for the first to emerge. UFDAH, as our MN family would say

Last edited:
Alright, it is after 1 AM. Lydia and I ate exhausted. Any chick wanting to be seen coming out of the egg has about 15 minutes before we tap out. Six uave pipped so far.

1:35 AM and the first to pip is active. We are exhausted. Mary, Matthew, and Abby are all asleep. Lydia is very excited but knows dad is about to tap out. Maybe the 3rd or 4th will be just as exciting. Good night, Lydia has permission to watch as long as she pleases.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom