LGBTQ+ Poultry Keepers

Thanks for the help/opinions, everyone! I get that it’s something I need to work out with/decide for myself but it’s just so hard to figure it all out when there’s already a lot of pressure from school and work mixed into the process of figuring out who I am, ya know?

I hope they have a clue lol. My biggest hints were buying masculine clothes as soon as I could drive myself places and then finally getting a more “boy-ish” haircut back in December.
I completely understand. I changed my name, legally, about 10 years ago. I disliked my name for about 25 years before that. While I wanted someone to help me find me name doing it myself was empowering.

Which name feels the most comfortable to you?

Welll... if it’s moss from The IT crowd then I definitely love it!
Also; my daughter, now leaning toward son, tells me she hates the name I gave her and wants to be called Legend, and then Killer....she’s 4. But the names YOU’ve chosen are already a great start.
Whatever name you choose should be something you love and are proud of. It’ll be yours after all. I understand wanting it to match your identity.
A rose by another name would smell as sweet.

Killer is a wonderful name :lau .

Thanks for the help/opinions, everyone! I get that it’s something I need to work out with/decide for myself but it’s just so hard to figure it all out when there’s already a lot of pressure from school and work mixed into the process of figuring out who I am, ya know?

I hope they have a clue lol. My biggest hints were buying masculine clothes as soon as I could drive myself places and then finally getting a more “boy-ish” haircut back in December.
It’s ok, don’t worry about the parents! Us parents have to live in the same world as our children. I have kids and my daughter is asking me to call her a different name, and refer to her as he, etc.
It’s a brave new world! The most important thing is your comfort and happiness with yourself. And I’d be very surprised if your parents didn’t think the same about you!
I never outted myself to my parents, or family, or friends. Its a difficult thing going through for anyone at any age. Just know you don’t have to tell anyone anything. It’s completely up to you. People should no longer assume a person is straight or anything else just because that was a societal norm.
❤️🧡💛💚💙💜

I completely understand. I changed my name, legally, about 10 years ago. I disliked my name for about 25 years before that. While I wanted someone to help me find me name doing it myself was empowering.

Which name feels the most comfortable to you?
I’m not sure. Both feel right and pretty comfortable in their own ways, if that makes sense?

I’m not sure. Both feel right and pretty comfortable in their own ways, if that makes sense?
Yeah, it makes complete sense. I felt that way about a few names. In the end I went with one of the names that felt comfortable, but also wasn't too wacky, hard to spell, and other details that would make my life more complicated. Not that wacky names aren't great, and my nickname is really Kale. I just had already spent my life slowly spelling out an unpronounceable name and was done with that. I've never regretted my name choice, it is one of the best things I've done for myself.

Not everyone supported my name change. That was hurtful. I decided I didn't need people like that in my life. Another great choice of mine, but definitely not for everyone.

I was about 34, when someone asked me if I preferred to be called "Sal" or "Sally." I had never thought I had a choice, but in that second I realized that I hated to be called "Sal." And, um... it is my name, so I should be able to decide how it's used.

(I used to work in a place where I saw literally hundreds of baby announcements every day. Some of the names... Really? Really? That's a baby human, not a race horse or show dog.)

What kinds of names did you see?
The very worst one that I can recall was...

Bessie Pretty On Top.

Really.

I also worked in shipping, so I saw plenty of names there too. The very best one I saw (made up, I think, because there was nothing on Google) was (drum roll)....

Penny Bier-Titz. She'd have to introduce herself as "Penny Bier-Titz, yes really."

Now, can you just imagine if she was testifying in a trial?

Opposing Counsel: Now, Miss Bier-Titz.... (Strangled laughter) Your Honor, may I request permission to call this witness "Penny?"

The very worst one that I can recall was...

Bessie Pretty On Top.

Really.

I also worked in shipping, so I saw plenty of names there too. The very best one I saw (made up, I think, because there was nothing on Google) was (drum roll)....

Penny Bier-Titz. She'd have to introduce herself as "Penny Bier-Titz, yes really."

Now, can you just imagine if she was testifying in a trial?

Opposing Counsel: Now, Miss Bier-Titz.... (Strangled laughter) Your Honor, may I request permission to call this witness "Penny?"
:lau That CANNOT be real

Back
Top Bottom