Lighter-than-air pan rolls

Katy..i think i'm making these for when i cook my Thanksgiving this weekend. Cant wait! They sound great!
droolin.gif

Can you freeze the dough? or freeze the cooked bread?? How do you do it?

Last edited:
Quote:
I've always been going to try it but never have. I would think it should work.

Am I missing something? I don't see butter flavored shortening up there. Or, do you mean in place of the butter use butter flavored shortening?

The original recipe called for butter-flavored shortning and that's what I used until recently.....now I use real butter. I edited the recipe as I had originally posted it. Changed the shortning to butter. Sorry for the confusion.....they're good either way....butter or shortning.
smile.png

Quote:
I've never frozen this recipe prior to cooking altho I do that with my cinnamon rolls so I would think it would work. I always freeze these as soon as they're cooled after baking. Then just thaw what we need. They keep very well in the freezer.

Quote:
I've never frozen this recipe prior to cooking altho I do that with my cinnamon rolls so I would think it would work. I always freeze these as soon as they're cooled after baking. Then just thaw what we need. They keep very well in the freezer.

I asked if I should freeze the remaining rolls, and was told not to bother.
gig.gif
They loved them!

lol thats pretty much what I was told. I cut recipe ion half cos it is just the two of us, but I was informed that a) we are not freezing any cos they wont last past morning, and b) next time make the full 24 rolls lol

It was a huge hit...thanks so much for the recipe!! This will be a staple for long long time I think
smile.png

FYI, a Kitchen-Aid Pro holds a double batch of these rolls easily.
lol.png

I am making not only pan rolls, but some sandwich rolls. I am roasting a prime rib tomorrow morning and we are having sandwiches and tater salad for dinner.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom