like a dummy !

jessaw1981

Chirping
9 Years
May 30, 2010
Franklin Nc
I did not write down the date I git my courtnix quail. Is there anything I can look for to tell me they are about to lay. I have never raised little ones before all mine were big.

I have read here about others that hatched in the turner. Watch real close. I have only had 1 hatch, am on my second now.

Didn't you set when I did around the 7th, someone did? I set mine the 6th at 11P.M. Did you post when you set, check back on your list of posts?

The ony other thing I can think of right off, is to watch the humidity close, when it starts going up and the heat also, your close to hatch and be ready to take them off the turner or stop turning them. Hope your there when that happens.

Good luck, hopefully a more knowledgeable quailer will see this and know some tips for you.

Edited to add on the 1st you were asking about thermometers and hygrometers for the bator. Said it would be awhile before you got one, when did you get one?

Last edited:
When There's An Egg In The Bottom Of Their Pen..... Their About Ready
smile.png

The males won't mate with the females until about a week before she is ready to lay, that's one way to tell. The females also have a 'new' call when they are ready to start laying. Usually it's about 6-8 weeks, but I've had some start at 4 weeks and some start at 12, so it's anybody's guess
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom