Limping duck (injury or infection)

Jun 29, 2022
Delaware
Hello all,

Henry (4 month old KC) is limping pretty bad, I found them in my neighbours front yard (they think they can go anywhere they please when it rains)

I've checked her over for any obvious injury, felt the joints and her feet and and leg, her favored foot feels a little warmer than the other, but there's no external signs of injury besides the limp, I've got her separated in the house in a cat carrier at the moment, she's laying down and being calm, any suggestions on what I should do would be greatly appreciated.

She's a rather randy little teenager, and I've had to dissuade her from planking outside of her pool for her friends to climb on pretty often 🙄😆 the Cayugas I have are slightly heavier than her, could an impromptu duck orgy in the grass have done this? So sorry about the question, ducks have been a truly awkward experience in some cases.

Today I've let Boots stay in with Henry, I figure they're probably happier to be miserable together than separated, otherwise Boots just spends her time yelling for Henry and upsetting the guineas. Henry got her B complex and peas again today, no warm limbs, no swelling, she's not limping in the cage but I saw how that went yesterday so she's on cage rest for a couple more days before I let her take another go at normal duck life.

Hope you feel better soon! I *think* I got it once, from my daughter, but while she was knocked out and in pain for a week, I barely got sniffles and cough.
Thank you Wind!

Always miss Canada when I get sick, lol. I'm a transplant in the U.S, grew up outside the GTA and the Eastern Townships of Quebec.

My teenaged sons are like you in that respect, the sniffles for a day or two and away they go. I'm hoping since this is atleast round 2, maybe it won't be a week out of commission this time. 🤞

Thank you Wind!

Always miss Canada when I get sick, lol. I'm a transplant in the U.S, grew up outside the GTA and the Eastern Townships of Quebec.

My teenaged sons are like you in that respect, the sniffles for a day or two and away they go. I'm hoping since this is atleast round 2, maybe it won't be a week out of commission this time. 🤞
I'm originally from the Ottawa area, and moved out to the middle of nowhere in the Lanark Highlands area on my daughter's property last year. I do not miss the city one bit!

Back
Top Bottom