Little Lady with possible Vent Gleet

Running around town and it looks my my local TSC has Penicillin and lincomycin. Is either one better than the other? I’m headed to pick it up in a moment.
29659A71-362A-4447-95DC-7540139A60CC.jpeg
2174831B-2341-431C-A945-0569F323B52F.png

Disregard, see most recent post.

Unfortunately they didn’t have the AquaDrops but I did get Penicillin. Above dose would be 5ml per gallon of water (the bottle I got is 300,000 U per ml), how would I calculate that into a direct dose? She isn’t separated at the moment, and I need directly dose her and not all the other birds.
Thanks!

Last edited:
Unfortunately they didn’t have the AquaDrops but I did get Penicillin. Above dose would be 5ml per gallon of water (the bottle I got is 300,000 U per ml), how would I calculate that into a direct dose? She isn’t separated at the moment, and I need directly dose her and not all the other birds.
Thanks!
Disregard, see most recent post.

Edit: I think I found the dosage, .10cc/ml per lb? Now my biggest question is do I have to inject it? Or can I give that dose orally?
I know some injectables can be given orally, but I’m not sure if penicillin is the same.

Last edited:
Edit: I think I found the dosage, .10cc/ml per lb? Now my biggest question is do I have to inject it? Or can I give that dose orally?
I know some injectables can be given orally, but I’m not sure if penicillin is the same.
Edit again: disregard last two posts.

I just injected .20cc using a 20g needle in the breast muscle. Had someone hold her and it was smooth sailing. Didn’t act like she even noticed. I’m going to give her S. Boulardii probiotics tomorrow as well since it’s antibiotic resistant. Help keep her gut microbiome alive while she’s on antibiotics. I have a high quality probiotic I’ll give her afterwards too.

Also gave oil of oregano and ACV for anti-fungal, the high quality probiotics (it has some lactobacillus strains which should hopefully be resistant to the antibiotics), and Corid. Everyone else is getting Corid and probiotics too. No thiamine. She does seem less yeasty today, and little blood.

Typing this all out somewhat for my own recording, and maybe it will help someone else in the future.

Back
Top Bottom