Lone silkie rooster

Cchurchill91

Chirping
Feb 3, 2020
Ontario, Canada
Is it okay to have only one silkie amongst my mixed flock of hens? I bought several silkie chicks all of which turned out to be male. One of them didn’t sell but I find him very pleasant and cute. He seems to only try to mate with my two polish hens but can barely do the deed successfully. I’m wondering if it’s cruel to keep him with no others of his kind. Not sure if I want to take the risk of more silkie chicks.

Is it okay to have only one silkie amongst my mixed flock of hens? I bought several silkie chicks all of which turned out to be male. One of them didn’t sell but I find him very pleasant and cute. He seems to only try to mate with my two polish hens but can barely do the deed successfully. I’m wondering if it’s cruel to keep him with no others of his kind. Not sure if I want to take the risk of more silkie chicks.
It's totally fine. I have a silkie rooster amongst my laying hens and he I think loves them more than my other silkies! It's definitely not cruel, he will be just fine.

Chickens don't care about the breeds of their companions. If he is healthy and not being picked on then there is no reason to
It's totally fine. I have a silkie rooster amongst my laying hens and he I think loves them more than my other silkies! It's definitely not cruel, he will be just fine.
That’s great to hear thank you!!

Back
Top Bottom