Lonely Chick HELP!!!

BobwhiteQuailLover

Country Girl[IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.
9 Years
Sep 25, 2010
Wisconsin
So, ONE chick hatched today (set it a while ago), ANYWAYS how can I keep him company, since we don't have any other chicks?
I have had a few that got attached to me BUT I couldn't see them as much because of school.

PLEASE HELP!!!

I would, but no one is selling them....
hit.gif

I can relate; ended up with a single chick 2 weeks ago. Haven't come up with anyone locally who has a chick or two I can get for company and it's the wrong time of year to order them. I've even posted on here hoping to find someone....if I lived in a few other states I could get him/her a buddy or 5
hu.gif

A feather duster works great - I hang mine from a piece of wood across the top of the brooder - hang it so the feathers just touch the top of the brooder floor/shavings. The chick will snuggle up under the feathers.

Stuffed animal also is something to snuggle with.

Look in the "Where are you! Where am I?" forum - for the thread in your state and post there.

Last edited:
yep, if nothing else, it gives them something to stimulate and interest them. Chick will jump up on top of it, snuggle up next to it and peck at the different colors. Just know it will get pooped on. I just throw mine in the washer/dryer and reuse for the next chick batch.

Back
Top Bottom