Look At Skye's New Plumage...Blue Orp Hen

droolin.gif
droolin.gif
love.gif

I was wondering because i have 1 blue araucana hen that came in kinda fast and her feathering looks similar and wondered if it may have something to do with it.. All our other blue girls are normal in evenness on blue except that one..

Thanks
Charlie

Last edited:
Hmm, interesting theory. It's been so long, I wish I could remember. I know that Velvet feathered in very fast as a chick, but she was in the middle of a terrible molt when she developed sour crop and passed on, so I didnt see what hers would have come in like.

Ya I'm not sure if it has anything to do with it, more than likely not.

I wonder what will happen on her next molt..Will she come out as an even shade or will it be more patch veragation..guess we'll all have to wait and see.

She is still a BUETY in my book and her size looks great to..sorry for your loss on the other girl..

Charlie

Last edited:
Both Skye and Velvet were very typey, but Velvet just had a goofy personality that always made me laugh. Skye is more aloof than Velvet was. You should have heard Skye yell when Tom went to get her for her fluff trim--good thing Suede isn't the human-aggressive type or Tom would have had to battle a big blue turkey before he got out of there, LOL.

Funny you should say that Cyn. The only times I've had Diesel show the slightest bit of aggression towards me is when I've grabbed one of his girlfriends and she shrieked. He charged my hand (not me) and when he got to it, realized it was me and stopped short. Happened twice. I'm glad I've never had to go to battle with him. He's 14 pounds. I don't think it would end well for either of us.

We are very proud of Suede. Tom adores him. That big guy is just a terrific rooster. He acts concerned when we do things to his women, but he's never charged at all. We always talk to him and show him that his girls are okay and he seems satisfied with that.

Back
Top Bottom