LOOK WHAT I FOUND IN THE TREE !!!!!!!

peepsnbunnies

Crowing
14 Years
Mar 31, 2007
Central Florida
Late this morning I heard some blue jays out in the oak tree in my front yard screaming and yelling. I went to see what all the fuss was about and looked around in the flower bed under the tree, not finding anything, but noticed that along with the jays, I also heard a cardinals carrying on too. So I knew that it was not just a blue jay "Happy Fizzy Party". I started looking up in the branches of the tree and finally found what all the drama was about.

Look at this little guy curled up on this branch
ep.gif

IMG_0051.jpg

So I got a ladder and caught it. Yes, that is my hand in the pic. My husband unwillingly took the pics for me. He hates snakes and thinks I am nuts.
tongue.png

IMG_0055.jpg

This is a Corn Snake, very common in our area. I see several in my yard every year, usually small ones like the one above. I usually do not even bother with them as they are rodent catchers, but I did catch and relocate this one today because of my young chickens.

Pretty snake! That's good you listen to the Jays, they are good at alerting my flock when there are predators around. Either on the ground on in the air.

Last edited:
peepsnbunnies, This is so funny. We have a 6 foot long ball python in a 100 gallon aquarium in our den. Well, he was in the aquarium till he escaped 2 days ago. We have looked and looked and can't seem to find him. Good thing the birds are outside now! He will show up eventually. He escaped once before and was gone 3 months before making himself seen in the living room.

My wife saw a snake in our yard 13 years ago...hasn't stepped foot on the grass since then:eek: I actually had to install pavers from the driveway to the clothes line so she could see where she was walking.

th.gif

"...Well, he was in the aquarium till he escaped 2 days ago. We have looked and looked and can't seem to find him..."
aaaahhhhhh....
Runawayfast.gif

I should post my daughters ball python snake she is awesome. huge... We keep her lid weighted down so she can't escape. LOL... My daughter would love a corn snake...

Arklady

Back
Top Bottom