Looking for a good.........

TK Poultry

Songster
10 Years
May 25, 2009
Greencastle, Indiana
im looking for a couple of good bantam breeds for a beginner bantam keeper i have LF and ducks but never had bantams so need something easy to begin with and just an FYI i dont really like silkies for some reason.......

i thought about cochins

Cochins are nice, seramas, mille fleur and my OEG's are fairly calm too but, of course, my favorite would be bantam Polish.
big_smile.png

ya i just dont know my last "frontier" is bantams and i just dont know what i want!!! i like cochins and i love seramas and i think that is one im definatly interested in..... i can get about 4 breeds and im going to probably get quads in all of them

The only bantam breeding trio I have right now is bantam wyandottes. I have a blue male, 2 black females (1 has gold on her wings and is broody on 4 wyandottes eggs) and a splash female that had a stroke we believe. Let me know in the spring I might have eggs,chicks or started birds ready for sale.

Last edited:
ok id like to add one more question to my endless quest to find the answer LOL ok how many should i keep of each breed? i think i want 4 bantam breeds total but i will probably get 2.....how many is a good # to keep

Quote:
you live in Indy i live in Greencastle if you have started birds i LOVE wyandottes and wanted some and about bought some but the were sold i was going to buy 5 BLRW bantams i like wyandottes alot

Ameraucana bantams are always fun - tiny blue eggs! It seems like there's a bantam of just about everything. How many you get is really more dependent upon how much room you have, I'd think.

Back
Top Bottom