Looking for a good.........

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by TK Poultry, Sep 20, 2009.

1. TK Poultry

TK Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Greencastle, Indiana
    im looking for a couple of good bantam breeds for a beginner bantam keeper i have LF and ducks but never had bantams so need something easy to begin with and just an FYI i dont really like silkies for some reason.......

i thought about cochins

2. becky3086

becky3086 Crested Crazy

Oct 14, 2008
    Thomson, GA
    Cochins are nice, seramas, mille fleur and my OEG's are fairly calm too but, of course, my favorite would be bantam Polish. [​IMG]

3. TK Poultry

May 25, 2009
    Greencastle, Indiana
    ya i just dont know my last "frontier" is bantams and i just dont know what i want!!! i like cochins and i love seramas and i think that is one im definatly interested in..... i can get about 4 breeds and im going to probably get quads in all of them

4. Attack Chicken

Attack Chicken [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Hu

Sep 25, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    The only bantam breeding trio I have right now is bantam wyandottes. I have a blue male, 2 black females (1 has gold on her wings and is broody on 4 wyandottes eggs) and a splash female that had a stroke we believe. Let me know in the spring I might have eggs,chicks or started birds ready for sale.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2009
  5. TK Poultry

May 25, 2009
    Greencastle, Indiana
    ok id like to add one more question to my endless quest to find the answer LOL ok how many should i keep of each breed? i think i want 4 bantam breeds total but i will probably get 2.....how many is a good # to keep

6. TK Poultry

May 25, 2009
    Greencastle, Indiana
    Quote:you live in Indy i live in Greencastle if you have started birds i LOVE wyandottes and wanted some and about bought some but the were sold i was going to buy 5 BLRW bantams i like wyandottes alot

7. juliecox

juliecox Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2009
    Arlington, TX
    Ameraucana bantams are always fun - tiny blue eggs! It seems like there's a bantam of just about everything. How many you get is really more dependent upon how much room you have, I'd think.

8. joebryant

joebryant Overrun With Chickens

Oops! Never mind. I thought you were looking for a good man.

9. Attack Chicken

Attack Chicken [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Hu

Sep 25, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Quote:[​IMG] LOL

Last edited: Sep 21, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by