Looking for some help!

spmc86

In the Brooder
5 Years
Mar 11, 2014
Mississippi
Hello BYC I'm new to the site and to the chicken world, well kinda We got 6 last year and well something wanted our chickens more than we did! Just wondering if I could get a lil feedback on my coop.. I'm not 100% done with it but what do y'all think so far?
[/IMG]

Do you think the nesting boxes are too high? And I have read that the roost needs to be higher than the boxes?

The ladder will get them to the boxes. And yes, the roosts do need to be higher than the boxes. They will sleep at the highest point, you don't want them sleeping in the nest boxes. If you have any more pictures, that does help. :)

I like that you covered the top to give them shade and some protection from the elements. Will they be safe/locked in at night?

I like that you covered the top to give them shade and some protection from the elements.  Will they be safe/locked in at night? 

Yes it will have a gate with a few latches on it because we have a few coon that like to roam the back yard.. And I'm thinking one stran of electric fence about 6-8" high all the way around?

Back
Top Bottom