Looks like chickens throat is coming out of mouth

JollyFritos123

Hatching
Mar 23, 2020
Hello!
Can anyone help me out on how this happens!? I just got home from work and seen one of my girls has her throat hanging out her mouth. Explain please!

Attachments

• B6C7BB77-7E3F-4AA2-9B8D-7E79C40A8CFF.jpeg
    B6C7BB77-7E3F-4AA2-9B8D-7E79C40A8CFF.jpeg
    880.2 KB · Views: 124
  • A41AB152-F53A-41A6-9061-436F05AF8778.jpeg
    A41AB152-F53A-41A6-9061-436F05AF8778.jpeg
    459.3 KB · Views: 95
Hello!
Can anyone help me out on how this happens!? I just got home from work and seen one of my girls has her throat hanging out her mouth. Explain please!
From what little I can see, it almost looks like something removed her bottom beak and pulled her crop through? Or pulled tissue up through her throat. Either way I don't think this is survivable. I'm sorry. I'll tag some others here but I think this is a fatal injury.

@sourland
@azygous

This would be a case for a vet. I can't think of anything you could do about this.

I would euthanize for the simple reason that this chicken, whatever caused this, will be unable to eat or drink and is guaranteed to die a slow death of starvation and dehydration over the next several days.

Omg so this just happened to one of my hens! We are on day 4, she swallowed it back down and is doing great right now. Eating applesauce and hard boiled eggs, drinking water, making her noises. I am mind blown. I wish I knew what the heck happened!

Omg so this just happened to one of my hens! We are on day 4, she swallowed it back down and is doing great right now. Eating applesauce and hard boiled eggs, drinking water, making her noises. I am mind blown. I wish I knew what the heck happened!
Did your hen have a foul odor coming from her mouth? Did she make it thru it?

Did you do anything? Treatment? My chicken has this too and I’m trying to save him 🥺❤️

Back
Top Bottom