lost and found update post #8 GOATS GO HOME

piecemaker

Songster
11 Years
Feb 12, 2008
Centerville Texas
We are in the country but on a major highway. We have come home to find stray cattle in our yard. One night at work sheriff's office calls said our horse was out go home not my horse put it in the coral. Find the owner a week later, horse has been missing for 6 months, good fence jumper. Get home the other day and hear kitten crying. have a dog that loves cats to death, their death. So I try and find kitty before I let said dog out. End up finding 3 very young very skinny kittens no momma cat. Put babies in the old coop away from dog. Next morning find mom put her with babies. Oh and we are dog sitting thank goodness she likes cats because I put them with her. So every thing is going good, even with the fires in our area. So this evening DH and I are sitting on the porch and he says "I told you no more animals where did you get those 3 goats and how long have you had them?" Look up and sure enough there are 3 goats in my pasture with 3 horses in hot pursuit. Go to get shoes on and run down the hill calling the sheriffs office. We get them penned up. Sheriff is looking for owner. Hope no one around us has buffalo or monkeys cuz they would end up finding their way to my yard the way my luck has been going with lost animals. Hope sheriff finds owner. I DO NOT NEED 3 GOATS repeat to self over and over

Last edited:
Who doesnt need goat?!
pop.gif

Over the years, among the usual domestic critters of cat, dog, horse, bull...an emu. Thankfully, it ran off before discovering what a sucker this household is for strays.

Better put out a sign against the idiot animal dumpers. "Bio Security Area: strays shot on sight" or "Strays BBQ'd" or such.

We are working with sheriffs office to find the owners. They have called the county extension office all the vets all ag teachers in the area and all the goat raisers around. With all the fire around us we are thinking maybe they belonged to some one that couldn't take them with them when they left. Or may be they did take the goats and they got out of what ever pen they had them in. I put flyers up today will put more up tomorrow. The goats seem to be happy in the old lamb pen (from 4h lamb yrs ago). I gave them hay and water. Hope they get to go home so. If they belong to some one from the fire they can stay here until owner can do something with.

WOW The goats went back home today. Their owner was very happy to get them back. The goats traveled over 5 miles thru a creek bed, ending up at our house.

Back
Top Bottom