lost part of the family

crocco

In the Brooder
7 Years
Apr 21, 2012
one of my two lab mixes died yesterday after batting a short fight with what the vet is calling liver failure breaks my heart really effecting the two ladies of the house[wifey and 4 year old daughter] but most of all his brother and best friend, cowboy our other 8 year old lab .he spent all night going up and down the stairs looking for his buddy.any thoughts on how to keep him from becoming overwelmed by all this sadness.

Sorry for your loss. Give it time. I always brought the dog back for the others to smell. (I breed basenji's so have always had mutliple dogs) I've found after the years that this is the best way to work it out. But, since it's too late for that, give it time. If you find he is too depressed after awhile, you may have to get him another friend. And sometimes, they just don't pull out of the depression. If you old guy is really old, and you plan on getting another dog, try to get an adult dog. Old guys simply can't put up with puppies. It's too much for them. My opinon only. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom