Lowe's Playhouse: My Version ***Updated pics pg 3***

Work those Kids !!! "Slave Driver"
lol.png
Now I've got the proof I need... I'll say, "See these kids are helping, too."
tongue.png
We'll see how long it lasts...

Love the colors!!!

So you installed one of the walls with the window upside down to make the chicken door? That's cool, I am in the middle of doing mine, may have to do that. Great idea. Also what type of paint
did you use? Love the colors! Mine will be similiar but with an
external nest box using a window to mount it in.

Thanks for sharing and welcome to BYC!

Nancy

Quote:
I got the idea about turning the wall upside down from another post on the forum. It was a very simple way to do it.

The paint is just exterior paint from Lowe's. Valspar I think. The light blue on the exterior walls is flat. The rest is semigloss.

My wife picked the colors and layout. I just assemble and paint.

Thanks for the pictures of your base. Did you then put plywood and vinyl on top and then add the playhouse on top? I was sort of concerned about getting the measurements right.

Quote:
I first built the house without the roof to keep it light.
Then, I put it on a piece of 4x4 5/8" plywood that was laying on the ground and traced around the inside of the house. That way the plywood would actually fit inside the house to help seal it. You can see the floor on the saw horse when it was being painted.

Then, I slid the treated 2x4's under the house to the position I wanted. I wanted them to line up with the 2x2's on the bottom of the house. Then all I had to do was measure the distance between the two and cut the side pieces. Then I assembled the base separately and placed it into position. Then put the plywood floor down and then slid the house onto and around the floor. The floor is held onto the base by the two 2x4's running in the middle of the base. The house is held down by screws through the 2x2's into the base.

I hope that makes sense. Not sure how else to describe it.

I can't believe it took this long to finish, but here are the updated pics. There are still a couple of minor details, but the hard part is done.

The chicks arrive next week and will be staying in the tool shop until they are ready for the coop.

17404_whole_coop.jpg

17404_playhouse_coop.jpg

17404_run.jpg

Back
Top Bottom