Lucky day!

Jarhead

Songster
11 Years
Aug 12, 2008
Arkansas
Our chicks are only 7 weeks old and obviously too young to lay so today I bought 4 dozen eggs from a local farm that comes to our farmer's market. We used 10 of the first dozen today baking and all 10 were double yokers with super dark yolks. They must be doing something right! There chicken is yummy too. Just thought I would brag on our local Arkansas family farms. Not sure if I can say the name of the farm or the website so I won't unless a moderator tells me it's OK.

I think it's ok to post praise & good reports, but flaming or posting negative is discouraged. JMO , maybe I need to go back and read the information for new members over again!
smile.png

No way would I flame these guys they are awesome. I highly recommend them to anyone in Arkansas who wants to eat locally produced family raised free range poultry. It might be a little more expensive than the grocery store, but way better tasting and way better for you, plus it helps out an independent farmer. I will still wait for an official answer on the name and website. I am just a customer who likes a product.

I asked him what they have and he said the layers were RIR, BO, Brown Leghorns, and a few others I can't remember. He said he likes the mixed flock. Never thought to ask if he had any for sale. Next weekend I will ask him for sure. Good idea.

Back
Top Bottom