Lumpy Leg

Lnbraden

Hatching
Nov 17, 2020
F891F6F7-1A2D-40F5-9C5A-22387333ED4A.jpeg

So just have this little guy and he had an identification rubber band on this leg. He was limping, picked it up to find it’s leg to be hot and swollen.Cut the band off. Have epsom salt soak for 5 min last 2 nights.

but there’s 2 distinct bumps. One is hard (above watch band) and the other is large and soft (below my watch band in the photo)

should I be worried? Good appetite, mobile though limping.

View attachment 2415260
So just have this little guy and he had an identification rubber band on this leg. He was limping, picked it up to find it’s leg to be hot and swollen.Cut the band off. Have epsom salt soak for 5 min last 2 nights.

but there’s 2 distinct bumps. One is hard (above watch band) and the other is large and soft (below my watch band in the photo)

should I be worried? Good appetite, mobile though limping.
Hmmm.... not sure, I've never used rubber band things. Hope someone can help you. I would think the rubber band was cutting off circulation based on the mark it left. It looks as if he grew and the rubber band was never loosend.

I also think it looks like the rubber band cut off circulation, especially if the bird is still growing, they grow so fast. Don't know what to do for the leg but the salt soaks sounds good. Probably best to remove all rubber bands just in case. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom