Lynn’s Hens National Unicorn Day 🦄 Adopt-an-Egg Hatch-a-Long 🐣🐣

Pics
Good Evening my peeps :frow

So, I don’t want to jinx anything here, but GREAT news 📰

I only had to pull two clears, and no one has claimed them, so everyone is on their way 🦄❤️

🍀7 DAY CANDLING RESULTS🍀
  1. Open
  2. @Sunshinechickies
  3. CLEAR
  4. @Sunshinechickies
  5. CLEAR
  6. @Lovely Lettie
  7. @shabby chic-hens
  8. @KRack
  9. @Lovely Lettie
  10. @Yard farmer
  11. @fluffycrow
  12. @Yard farmer
  13. @Ilovemychicks08
  14. Open
  15. @shabby chic-hens
  16. @Obsessed With Silkies
  17. @HorseGirlAbby
  18. Open
  19. Open
  20. @Ilovemychicks08
  21. @fluffycrow
  22. @junior67
Ooh, how exciting, I can’t wait to see a bunch of new babies🐣🐣🐣

Have a great weekend, and thanks for playing!!
I can’t wait for a bunch of fluffy butts!

Hello All -

*disclaimer* - there is a picture of a quitter, so if you are queasy, don’t look)

I’m sorry I haven’t gotten to updates sooner, I have been sick the majority of this week with a wicked sinus infection and have been bedridden. I did candle this evening, but wish I hadn’t :hit

I pulled 9 eggs this evening because I didn’t see any veining or movement. I immediately cracked them all open because I’m just so perplexed, and I have had this very specific issue happen before. There was embryonic development, but they looked to have all quit around the same day, I’m guessing between 7-10 days. I have spent hours trying to find something that could give me even a possible cause, and I am finding nothing. I have the same eggs in a second incubator at the moment, and the ones that are left are moving all happy with strong veining, so I don’t know what the hell is going on. I’m attaching a picture from one of the eggs I pulled this evening in hopes someone can see something. All nine looked almost exactly the same and seemed to be attached to the air sack. I KNOW it’s not a breed issue, as I have a yard full of babies that have been incubated by both me and a broody.

All cemanis (#’s 1-12) EXCEPT for #10(@Yard farmer) were pulled. I might be just hopeful on that one.

All others (@Ilovemychicks08 , @Falona Hen , @shabby chic-hens , @ObsessedWithSilkies , @HorseGirlAbby , @junior67 , @fluffycrow), are doing good.

It is a miserable end to a miserable week, so please excuse my lack of enthusiasm. If anyone can give me any insight on why this could be happening, I would be very grateful. Again, have same eggs from same hens in second incubator that are thriving. I know that incubating cemanis has its challenges, but I’ve never had every single one I set, quit. They are all fertilized or they wouldn’t be developing. Thanks 🙏
F9BCC132-6CFC-488B-8C3E-3B9D18837B04.jpeg
5760D01B-44D3-434D-A8F6-38F7EFC0E2E9.jpeg

Hello All -

*disclaimer* - there is a picture of a quitter, so if you are queasy, don’t look)

I’m sorry I haven’t gotten to updates sooner, I have been sick the majority of this week with a wicked sinus infection and have been bedridden. I did candle this evening, but wish I hadn’t :hit

I pulled 9 eggs this evening because I didn’t see any veining or movement. I immediately cracked them all open because I’m just so perplexed, and I have had this very specific issue happen before. There was embryonic development, but they looked to have all quit around the same day, I’m guessing between 7-10 days. I have spent hours trying to find something that could give me even a possible cause, and I am finding nothing. I have the same eggs in a second incubator at the moment, and the ones that are left are moving all happy with strong veining, so I don’t know what the hell is going on. I’m attaching a picture from one of the eggs I pulled this evening in hopes someone can see something. All nine looked almost exactly the same and seemed to be attached to the air sack. I KNOW it’s not a breed issue, as I have a yard full of babies that have been incubated by both me and a broody.

All cemanis (#’s 1-12) EXCEPT for #10(@Yard farmer) were pulled. I might be just hopeful on that one.

All others (@Ilovemychicks08 , @Falona Hen , @shabby chic-hens , @ObsessedWithSilkies , @HorseGirlAbby , @junior67 , @fluffycrow), are doing good.

It is a miserable end to a miserable week, so please excuse my lack of enthusiasm. If anyone can give me any insight on why this could be happening, I would be very grateful. Again, have same eggs from same hens in second incubator that are thriving. I know that incubating cemanis has its challenges, but I’ve never had every single one I set, quit. They are all fertilized or they wouldn’t be developing. Thanks 🙏 View attachment 3451133View attachment 3451134
(((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))) I am sorry. I wish I had answers for you but I am not sure. :(

(((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))) I am sorry. I wish I had answers for you but I am not sure. :(
Thank you, I needed a hug 😔 I have not stopped looking for information, and did find the Hubbard breeders incubation guide, page 51 that has offered some insight. I’m actually going to see if I can order this, it looks like a real wealth of information. https://www.hubbardbreeders.com/media/incubation_guideen__053407700_1525_26062017.pdf

You are the sweetest- thank you so much. I hate to come off as such a Debbie downer, I know these things happen, I’m not real good with the unknown. On the bright side, I have several that are doing great and that’s what I will focus on moving forward (I’m pretty sure I always say that, but whatever 🥴)

Thank you, I needed a hug 😔 I have not stopped looking for information, and did find the Hubbard breeders incubation guide, page 51 that has offered some insight. I’m actually going to see if I can order this, it looks like a real wealth of information. https://www.hubbardbreeders.com/media/incubation_guideen__053407700_1525_26062017.pdf

You are the sweetest- thank you so much. I hate to come off as such a Debbie downer, I know these things happen, I’m not real good with the unknown. On the bright side, I have several that are doing great and that’s what I will focus on moving forward (I’m pretty sure I always say that, but whatever 🥴)
it is hard not to try to figure out what happened and very sad to lose that many at one time. So I don't think being a debbie downer at all. just normal response to a sad situation.

Back
Top Bottom