Lynn’s Hens National Unicorn Day 🦄 Adopt-an-Egg Hatch-a-Long 🐣🐣

Ok guys, I have my first pip! It’s the beautiful pinkish mauve colored egg, #18 @junior67. If I remember correctly, you had the first pip from my last hatch :wee
545A9A52-FA5A-4B74-8C51-5A75726F7F24.jpeg

Hello All :frow

I went ahead and candled last night and pulled the last Cemani egg, #10 @Yard farmer and #13 @Ilovemychicks08 😢

This has been a wicked brutal hatch-a-long, I think next time I’ll just do a HATCHED-a-long, that way nobody loses an egg 🤪

Have a great rest of your week, we’ll see some babies soon 🤞🤞
Dang, I’m sorry this has been such a rough incubation!! ☹️❤️

Looking forward to seeing the chickies that come out!j

Edited to add - sorry, I didn’t realize how behind I was lol. I didn’t get updates for the thread for some reason.

I just realized…you have all consecutive numbers remaining, 14-22. Did you do anything special to that half?
I didn’t do anything special to them, but 1-12 were all Cemani eggs, and I think 13 was clear.

I only have (Cemani) three laying hens (barely, just over one year old), and the other three are pullets and still kinda small. Two of the hens were broody, so the eggs were small and only come 1 every couple of days. They may have been up to 10-12 days old. And, I’m not positive my roo was covering all the pullets.

Number 13, I think, was clear. I have a cockerel who may be having an issue with his 13 new girlfriends 🤣

I didn’t do anything special to them, but 1-12 were all Cemani eggs, and I think 13 was clear.

I only have (Cemani) three laying hens (barely, just over one year old), and the other three are pullets and still kinda small. Two of the hens were broody, so the eggs were small and only come 1 every couple of days. They may have been up to 10-12 days old. And, I’m not positive my roo was covering all the pullets.

Number 13, I think, was clear. I have a cockerel who may be having an issue with his 13 new girlfriends 🤣
Ah, that makes sense then. How’re the eggs this morning?

Back
Top Bottom