chickennuggt

In the Brooder
Nov 9, 2021
Central Michigan
Can someone help me identify gender ? I am thinking he(?) Is a male, but not sure. 4 months and 1 week old black Australorp chicken
IMG_20211128_171339~2.jpg
IMG_20211128_171325~2.jpg

I have 2 australorp pullets that are 19wks old and I can tell you that looks pullet to me. Comb and wattles are really small and pink for a male. It's possible but my gut says pullet. Are the neck feathers pointy or rounded? The same with the saddle, girls are round boys are pointy. If you can get clear pictures of those easy to confirm but really gut is saying pullet. Reminds me of a slimmer version of stripe (kids named most of the chickens so they got names based on how they looked or acted as chicks this one happened to have a black strip across it's beak when it was little hence stripe gone now but still is stripe:lol:)

I have 2 australorp pullets that are 19wks old and I can tell you that looks pullet to me. Comb and wattles are really small and pink for a male. It's possible but my gut says pullet. Are the neck feathers pointy or rounded? The same with the saddle, girls are round boys are pointy. If you can get clear pictures of those easy to confirm but really gut is saying pullet. Reminds me of a slimmer version of stripe (kids named most of the chickens so they got names based on how they looked or acted as chicks this one happened to have a black strip across it's beak when it was little hence stripe gone now but still is stripe:lol:)
Photos?

Back
Top Bottom