Made in China

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is heading out on a tangent I think but. . .

Customer service. Don't you hate it when you can't understand the customer service reps because English is not their native language?

I get my medical care from the VA. Most of the doctors are not American born and I have a hard time understanding them. Gives you lots of confidence in your medical care.

Yea thoes doctors can be quite a hard time. I got my head hurt in one time and the doctor was asking me questions and I could not answer a one.... Not becaue of my head but because I couldnt understand the guy.

My wife and I are in an unique situation we have a home here and a home and property in China. As I mentioned before the people are very friendly towards Americans I have never had any difficulties there. Our governments might have conflicts and disagreements. In China many families can get along on $300 US dollars very easily a month I have heard that Nike Shoe Company pays their workers $100 US dollars a month, the dollar has weaken I was getting $8.28 yuans and now $7.00 yuans for one US dollar, so our money still goes a long way in China. It has been very unfortunate for the recent incidents and it goes to show that their products need more QC just like in their building codes, but like India they are both heading to become the next ecomonic super power along with possibly the European Union leaving America by the wayside. I would like to address education in China they take it very serious well they do go our finest universities, when we see school children they all wear uniforms to school it is not a popularity, fashion show they realize that if they do not get a education and excel they will be working manual labor or in a resturant making low wages, and there is alot of age discrimination still today there when it comes to employment.

Last edited:
OK , I have a funny story. 6 years ago my mom and I took a 3 week vacation in China. It was a dream of mine since college. I was amazed at the beauty. Anyhow, our tour bus always ended the day with stop at a "souvenour" store. I bought a pretty little porceline figuring and once I was back on the bus I showed everyone my find. Then I looked on the bottom if the figurine and Said "WHAT! MADE IN CHINA!!" Then I was like "OH Ya , I'm in China"
We all had a good laugh.

Two years ago I took a trip to China. Best trip I've been on. Everone was so nice. We had so much fun shopping. I have more pearls then I will ever know what to do with but I loved the trip!! I really don't have a problem with made in china. Its just more fun to buy it when shopping in China!!
lol.png

dacjohns,

From the perspective of someone who has worked in non-profit healthcare for 15 years: Many native English speakers shy away from low-income, veteran, or other less-than-prestigious medicine because of the lack of prestige, and, more to the point, money. Practitioners in this realm are in it because they care. Sure, it can get frustrating, but a lot of the English speakers are "above" caring for you.

Texas Reb, what a sad story. I'm so sorry. Starshrike, I started this thread and I said right from the getgo, this is not about Chinese people. To me it's about my right to choose, which is near impossible because just about everything is made in China. And the lack of quality assurance that allowed toxic substances to get to our pets, kids, babies, etc. If we had supplied another country with tainted items and toxic food, I don't think they would be buying from us anymore. So since my gov isn't making that decision, I am for me. I know I can't boycott it all from my life, but as much as I can.

Like what was said before about the Mexicans and others, where would we be without them? We would have to breed fruits and veggies that would store for a year which would more than likely lower flavor and selection. I know at the dairy when I worked there they had some mexicans working for a few dollars an hour (no min wage in ag) while they paid me $10, they said it was because Mexicans are good at anything and they dont complain when they dont get enough $$$ and plus many Americans wont do the work. You may think that gorceries and the like are expensive now, but just think, with all American goods made by American workers prices would be through the roof.
I think that we have a good thing going but we need to test the products before we import them.

I read this entire thread with much interest. I have responded to several threads along the way here, and I find this forum very helpful and supportive for the beginners and reassuring for the rest.

After reading this thread, it is my opinion many have missed the mark.

Before I begin, i will give you some background. I am a materials engineer who has been to China several times, where my product designs were fabricated and prototyped there. I worked hand in hand with the businessman and craftsmen alike.

The environmental standards are much more lax in China, and that is one of the reasons PLASTICS are made there, and everywhere else but here, because the environmental standards here are quite restrictive and make operating costs prohibitive. American corporations would rather destroy someone elses back yard.

In China there are many high quality products as well as cheap ones. Most of the materials we see from China here are not even available for local consumers. Home depot for instance will go to a manufacturer and buy out thier entire years production for their stores based on Home Depot's exact standards for the product. Chines companies dont get to make the rules: Home Depot does, and if they dont like it there are 100 more factories in line for the big contract.. This is the norm, not the exception.

American corporations set the standard (or lack of such), which is largely cost driven. American corporations have no interest in spending for Quality Assurance to protect the american consumer. Based on my observations, it appears American corporations dont want to know much about their own product.

If you want to make a difference for the people of this country, boycott the Corporations that have no regard for their own consumers. Insist they have inspected goods; that corporations have a steadfast QA program that is actually followed. Sorry to say that no matter where you go you will have corners cut and inferior products of the manufacturer if the product is only regarded for low price.

If American corporations held all their manufacturers wherever they are located to high standatds, we would not be hearing about all this.

In Europe, mainly Germany , France and Italy, they have most goods manufactured in China, sending their consultants to train the personnel and oversee the work.
It is cheaper for Italians to ship their marble to china and have the Italian artisans consult the stoneworkers and then ship the finished products back to Italy then have Italian crafters do the work in-country.

So from cat food and toys and everything in between, it is the store or the corporation that we should hold accountable. If they want to force us to buy their junk that they paid pennies for the dollar, vote with your wallet and let the store or company know your disappointment that this company is not looking out for us.

I believe most of you would be amazed how eager the chinese business people are to accomodate americans over there for business. American corporations need to step up to the plate and be part of the solution instead of the problem.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom