Made in China

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most Chinese do not like or disagree with their goverment, they are fearful of America can you blame them, they feel we are war mongers just like many here believe the war in Iraq should be ended. I posted a thread on attending a Memorial Service honoring our fallen soldiers which my wife and I attended, which is what this holiday is all about, the brave men and women who have served our country so that we can live in a free society, there was maybe four responses, patriotism? what about all the drugs we manufacture which have killed many many people, and also help many, what about India and these other countries, we can't just blame one country trying to better themselves, who will we blame next, were not perfect and neither are they. They do need better QC if they are going to become the next economic super power along with India and the European Union, where does that leave us?

It also bothers me that there is several statements, such as calling the maker's of a patriotic site "Flag Wavers", as if those are bad things.

I do not support flag waving/flag wavers that support the war in Iraq or any other strong arm American military tactics.

Were has our patriotism gone??

Mine is just fine, thanks. I've been putting out the American Flag on a daily basis LONG before 9/11 and I will continue to wave it long after the rest of the bandwagon jumpers have quit--and most already have. Again, I do not support our current administration's foreign policy and have a problem with those who do.

I can remember when the American flag was the greatest symbol in the world.

To whom? Certainly not all of the countries/citizens who do not want our interference....uh...I mean help.

How many of us waved a flag in the weeks to come after 9/11?

I was already waving it

How many of us played Betsy Ross in our school plays as children. I did and was so proud.

Not me

If we can't regain our patriotism we will never turn things around.

Explain how this will help?? The best form of patriotism any of us can display is voting. Putting out a flag is nice and all, but how will it change America?

You don't nurture something your not proud up and our country will not thrive without it.

Again, explain...please?​

TexReb, its pretty clear that your looking to get in a big debate by twisting things around and thats fun sometimes. Most of what I said is pretty self explainatory to most folks. If you link supporting the war with patiotism that is your perrogative, but I don't believe it is one and the same. Your muddying the waters by bringing the subject of the war up in a discussion about trade issues. Normally I enjoy a debate too, but right now I'm just not up to it
smile.png

Quote:
LOL...maybe my morning sickness will pass around supper time and I'll come back to it.
wink.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom