Pics
There are so many muscovy lovers here! I loved reading this thread. I have 3 little babies if anyone is looking to add to their flock. I am located in Central Pennsylvania. My runner and my dog both think they are their babies
20190708_173902.jpg
20190708_125101.jpg

They are beautiful! :welcome
I think I so too. And they are super sweet. The like to snuggle up on your neck as close to your shoulder as they can get and will eat out of your hand. I am hoping by some magic we can keep them. I started training them like my other ducks, which are totally free range. So they know to come home when we whistle 3 times and its dinner time and treats when we clap

I think I so too. And they are super sweet. The like to snuggle up on your neck as close to your shoulder as they can get and will eat out of your hand. I am hoping by some magic we can keep them. I started training them like my other ducks, which are totally free range. So they know to come home when we whistle 3 times and its dinner time and treats when we clap
They as so easy to train! Mine come gallopping (yes like a horse gallop just not as majestic, only 3 of the 5 are light enough to fly) when ever they hear the feed house door. They also come to 'duck,duck,duck," "chook,chook,chook," when they see you with a bucket, a bag or the washing basket. They are very sociable with people but also very happy to be "free".

There are so many muscovy lovers here! I loved reading this thread. I have 3 little babies if anyone is looking to add to their flock. I am located in Central Pennsylvania. My runner and my dog both think they are their babiesView attachment 1839761 View attachment 1839759
:welcome Welcome to the Magnificent Marvelous Muscovies thread! We are so glad to have you here! :ya Your duckies are sooo adorable! :love

Happy Muscovy-ing! :)

I'm happy for you to have such friendly ducks! They're so lovable, aren't they?!
I pray it works out that you are able to keep them!

They as so easy to train! Mine come gallopping (yes like a horse gallop just not as majestic, only 3 of the 5 are light enough to fly) when ever they hear the feed house door. They also come to 'duck,duck,duck," "chook,chook,chook," when they see you with a bucket, a bag or the washing basket. They are very sociable with people but also very happy to be "free".

My duckies are the same way! All I have to say is, "here, ducka, ducka, ducka, duck, duck, ducks", and they come running, hissing and wagging their tails! It's so adorable they way they come running to meet you! Ducks are so lovable!!! :love

View attachment 1840555 now that I have your attention... I need help guys. How often do you trim claws? Winnies are getting on the longer side and the drakes are very long. This isn't something I've had to do as yet :confused::oops:View attachment 1840559

That middle one should definitely be cut since it's crooked. Mine are fine in the summer when they walk around a lot, but sometimes they get long in winter.
Here's a good guide: https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/trimming-your-chickens-nails-tutorial.64401/
It's best to be two if you can, one to hold and one to cut. It's better to take too little and do it several times, than to take too much and cause bleeding. I use dog clippers, their nails are pretty sturdy.

Back
Top Bottom