Mahonri's 2nd Annual NYDHatch, watching them grow...

I am so curious what all of us are going to do with all these chicks that are about to be swarming on Jan 2.
lol.png
I wonder how many will be building new pens, or brooders, or having the huge Chicken Sale.
big_smile.png

I am ready for mine, well I think I am ready...other than building a quail pen.
roll.png

Yay, my BBS. Silkies are waiting for me at the PO. Can't wait to pick them up after work tonight. Perfect timing. They will have plenty of time to settle before I set them at 12 noon onsat. Will be waiting for the dish network guyto come anyway.

Quote:
I almost had hubby build me a brooder in the meatie pen (empty right now) but for some reason changed my mind. I think I'm going to have to do that tho!

I love how we're ready....other then (insert building/setting up/creating project here) lol

Quote:
Good luck with the quail pen!
I have orders for sizzles....but as we know not every egg out of a sizzle will produce a sizzle! So I'll have lots of silkies available for the first show of the spring!
jumpy.gif
I'll probably keep 1 or 2 pullets, but the rest will go to the show.

Last edited:
I have just been to county and state fairs, I looked at my schedule to see if I could squeeze in a trip to Shawnee this weekend, just to drool, but no go!
droolin.gif
hit.gif

I wanna see lots of pictures! Hopefully there will be a thread devoted to the show where ONLY postings with pictures are allowed! That would make my day!
thumbsup.gif

I think shows (and pictures of show-quality stock) encourage people (like myself) to not settle for hatchery stock by showing what amazing birds look like!

I have high hopes for my Araucana eggs hatching on New Years! I have never had a true Araucana before!
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom