Maine coop 2012

Chickenlooko

In the Brooder
7 Years
Apr 27, 2012
Well here it is. Took me about 3 weeks (on my own and not working constantly). Not bad for a small woman with little skills. There are some parts that definitely would be sooo much easier with two people. Whatever, I did it!! I did take photos of each step. I'll post more photos if anyone has any interest in seeing them.
I bought the Garden Coop plan online, it really was easy to understand and fun!

Congratulations on building a very attractive coop/run. For the next one, just quadruple the plans and add 4 X as many chickens.
tongue.png

Thanks guys. Funny that you looked like you were in a fight too. Chicken coop injuries, maybe we should start a thread on that one. I don't think my knuckle will ever recover from the numerous times the drill spun my hand into the patio bricks. I also ripped the side of my hand open on the hardware cloth. Oh, and I got a rash on my face from wearing safety goggles. Not too bad I guess. My biggest fear starting out was the circular saw. Although there were a few times that the saw jumped and jerked, I really kind of like using it now. That flower box was one of the many additional projects I did at the end because I was "set up" with all my tools. I even made a bench afterwards. I really learned a lot and gained a lot of confidence in my building skills. Maybe I will make a bigger one next time!!

It is beautiful! I love the colors inside the coop, and all the little garden touches. I would love to see the rest of your photos, please post! We will be starting our coop this weekend, and like you, have never done anything like this before. Seeing your step-by-step photos and any advice would be awesome!

wee.gif

It's beautiful; I'm impressed! Love the big window, the colors, and your chickens are adorable!

Back
Top Bottom