Making a rag rug.....the "tool' and how to do

Thanks for posting that! It's like macrame, really. I have a huge closet full of old clothes that are too ragged for Goodwill, but I am a terrible packrat and never throw anything away, either. The original plan for these clothes was to make various patchwork quilts, then sew old sheets for the backing. The very first quilt, big enough to cover a full-size bed, used up five pairs of pants and one shirt. There are approx. four jackets, 15 pairs of pants, 2 pair overalls, maybe 25 shirts and two hideous tablecloths to go, plus a bag full of extra fabric from old sewing projects still remaining. All sorted by color, works out to about 8 large paper grocery bags of clothes, packed full.

DH forbids me to buy any new fabric for quilting purposes until this is used up. This looks like an easy way to use up quite a lot of it.

Maybe i should come over and raid your closet of goodies...ha ha ha !!! To help you out....

I think I have another addiction ....other than chickens...and the BYC site....My 11 year old daughter has also offered to help...

Back
Top Bottom