Making Things Easy For New Members!

Chicken Nifty

Songster
5 Years
Jun 16, 2017
My Coop
My Coop
I'm a HUGE fan of collaboration, so I'd like everyone (especially @sumi @KikisGirls & @casportpony ) to help us make sure our new members' first experience is as easy as possible!!

Here are the steps new members currently go through:
  1. First the register using this button: upload_2017-6-16_15-15-23.png
  2. After they fill in all the info, they come to a page telling them to verify their email address by clicking the link in the email we sent to them.
  3. The email instructs them to click to verify and complete their registration.
  4. When they click the email, they are taken to a page that tells them their registration is complete.
  5. They get a "welcome conversation / PM" with more instructions and details (see below)
  6. They get a "site notice" (see below)
I'd love the community's help in making all these steps as easy as possible and also with helping to improve the messages and content in the links we give to new members!

Welcome PM:

Welcome to BackYardChickens.com, the largest and best resource for learning how to raise chickens.

There are thousands of chicken enthusiasts looking forward to meeting you and answering your questions. Be careful... before you know it you'll be spending all your free time talking chicken!

We know you're probably anxious to ask questions, post pictures, and share your experiences. Below are a few areas that we suggest you visit first:

Introduce yourself in our "New Member Introductions" section (look for the “Post New Thread” link).
Look over the "Welcome To The New BYC!" page for helpful videos and links.

Have LOTS of fun!

Please direct all chicken related questions to our "Raising BackYard Chickens" section of our community forum.

We hope you have a wonderful time here and look forward to learning more about you!

Oh, and before we forget, please visit our sister sites:

www.BackYardHerds.com
www.TheEasyGarden.com
www.SufficientSelf.com

Best Regards,
BYC Support

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome Notice:
Congrats Nifty Chicken, you've logged in! Please do the following:
  1. Introduce yourself here!
  2. Post your chicken questions in one of our forum sections here. MAKE SURE YOU CLICK ON A SUB HEADING TITLE NAME first so you can see the post new thread button... What is this called??
(Once you've done that, you can "dismiss" this notice using the "X" to the top right of this box.)

Back
Top Bottom