~MALAYSIAN SERAMA THREAD~ (PICS!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
You betcha!!!! I'll be hand delivering beautiful eggs all over the country!!!! I'd LOVE to visit Tennessee!!

Elizabeth... Your's is not likely used to handling, considering where he came from. I doubt that Jerry has the time to spend with each of his 1500 birds, to tame them well. He's 5 months old and raging with hormones. Look up "Gritsar"s page on handling problem roos. That might help. Don't cull him. Just spend every spare moment with him, and help him change his ways. Hang in there a bit longer. Seramas are usually so wonderful, if you can turn this guy around, he may be a great sire of champions for you!!

PS. The feisty ones usually pose the best!!!
wink.png

PSS. I'll visit you too Bobby!!
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Woo Hoo Be glad to have you over....
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
You betcha!!!! I'll be hand delivering beautiful eggs all over the country!!!! I'd LOVE to visit Tennessee!!

Elizabeth... Your's is not likely used to handling, considering where he came from. I doubt that Jerry has the time to spend with each of his 1500 birds, to tame them well. He's 5 months old and raging with hormones. Look up "Gritsar"s page on handling problem roos. That might help. Don't cull him. Just spend every spare moment with him, and help him change his ways. Hang in there a bit longer. Seramas are usually so wonderful, if you can turn this guy around, he may be a great sire of champions for you!!

PS. The feisty ones usually pose the best!!!
wink.png

PSS. I'll visit you too Bobby!!
big_smile.png

My county fair is coming up in september, and i just thought of a question i need anwsered about shows. Is it a DQ or just points marked off if my roo only has one spur? The other one will not grow, he is 1.5 years old so it should of grown but never did.
Thanks, Lisa

Quote:
Thanks for the reply, this is othe first time he actually got a hold of me, other wise he's tried to bite my finger 10 times, but I am faster them him. He isn't very tame yet so that might be why.

Congrats Bobby!
big_smile.png

Thought it was time to share some updated photos of the babies....all growing up fast! They are 3 weeks old now. I'm very pleased with the markings so far...all tri colored except two with lots of penciling and lacing in most of them. Quite a few mille fleur markings going on too (I have one Mille Fleur rooster) which is exciting - I love that color. Two of my youngest pullets - both black and white mottled - started laying this week too along with Brigette (my curly from Juliette). The next batch - which includes eggs from Dusty and Fawn (my new pullets from Juliette) are set to hatch next week already! Excited and nervous...having a very hard time with the humidity this time around due to the summer weather that has decided to show up in Oregon!

DSC_0081.jpg

DSC_0082-1.jpg

DSC_0083.jpg

DSC_0084-1.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
What adorable fuzzies zoomummzy---you sure have come a long ways since little Zepher hatched....
jumpy.gif
[he's still me fav]

Shhhh don't tell the others, but he is my favorite too
big_smile.png
I have his babies set to hatch next week too....5 of them are going strong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom