Male Blue Swedish Duck FREE to a good home

beau4sammy

Chirping
7 Years
Jul 6, 2014
Lone Rock, WI
A male Blue Swedish duck has taken up residence in our pond and needs to find a forever home.

Mason, as we call him, wandered into our yard from our new neighbors after their dogs relentlessly chased him. So, once he found our pond, he hasn't left... his bonus was that he also stumbled upon our 7 girls in said pond- so needless to say, he also has motivation to stay 😉.

We only purchased female ducks as we do NOT want baby ducks. He is sweet, but very amorous. He is about 1 1/2 years old according to our neighbors- who since, do not want him back due to the dogs harassing him and we said we would care for him until we found him another more suitable home.

So, we are wondering if anyone in our area would like to give him a home. We live in Lone Rock, WI (about an hour away from Madison) and could bring him a reasonable distance away. We heard BYC was a good place to post vs. Craiglist as we are looking for a home for him and NOT putting him on a dinner plate!

Thanks for reading!
Sarah

Attachments

• 20200806_124733.jpg
    20200806_124733.jpg
    598.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 20200806_124713.jpg
    20200806_124713.jpg
    565.2 KB · Views: 8
He’s a handsome boy! I’d gladly take him if I wasn’t 1000 miles away. Depending on what breed of girls you have, they may never go broody, so keeping him around may not be much of a threat.
Thanks for taking him in and finding him a good home!

He’s a handsome boy! I’d gladly take him if I wasn’t 1000 miles away. Depending on what breed of girls you have, they may never go broody, so keeping him around may not be much of a threat.
Thanks for taking him in and finding him a good home!

Aww, thanks! We have a black and blue swedish duck, 2 pekins, a cayuga, one mallard and a chocolate runner.

Out of the 7 girls, 3-4 go broody when they get enough eggs laid in a spot I haven't found and it is hard to find their nests sometimes- we free range them and they lay all over 😠!! Its like an Easter egg hunt every day! We hope to find him a good home... otherwise, we will just find homes for the babies if that ever occurs! We hate to have to even look for a home for him, but perhaps someone out there would like babies 😀 or like to have a healthy male. Thanks for your response... stay well! Sarah and the ducks 🦆

Back
Top Bottom