Malpositioned/shrink wrapped duckling?! HELP!

I thought sugar water for the first few days? Is that bad?
I will give Gatorade or Pedialyte by dropper to those that aren't drinking on their own, but for those drinking on their own, I give plain water. Mine also get plain ole starter crumbles that contain enough niacin, thiamine, etc that ducklings need.

Do you have duck started or chick starter?
Do you have any Nutri-Drench? Some of us you that too.
https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/nutri-drench-poultry-4-oz

Last edited:
Definitely get a starter feed. They need it. I make it into a soupy mix and provide a bowl of dry plus fresh water.

They have starter feed and are eating that! I only did the sugar water last night with the smaller one with a dropper and then the big buddy got some this morning.

I emptied it out and they just have the starter feed and fresh water!

The bigger one is beating UP the little one... is that normal?
I put her back in the incubator to nap while I came to work. I’m heading home in a few to check on them.

Thank y’all!!

They have starter feed and are eating that! I only did the sugar water last night with the smaller one with a dropper and then the big buddy got some this morning.

I emptied it out and they just have the starter feed and fresh water!

The bigger one is beating UP the little one... is that normal?
I put her back in the incubator to nap while I came to work. I’m heading home in a few to check on them.

Thank y’all!!
Not beating I'm sure it normal noodling because they definitely love touch...

Good morning!!

So the babies are doing well!

I have one concern...
The older one and larger one seems so have slightly labored breathing, and a little bit of wheezing ... I have read several posts on here that range from a virus, to cold, to choking, etc.
they have enough water to submerge their heads which I understand is important, and they are only eating the starter grower food and have fresh water.
They are warm, but he is not panting...

Any advice?
Thank y’all again!!

Attachments

• BD640B2D-CBF8-434D-85B3-99E86D5B14B9.jpeg
    BD640B2D-CBF8-434D-85B3-99E86D5B14B9.jpeg
    288.6 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Good morning!!

So the babies are doing well!

I have one concern...
The older one and larger one seems so have slightly labored breathing, and a little bit of wheezing ... I have read several posts on here that range from a virus, to cold, to choking, etc.
they have enough water to submerge their heads which I understand is important, and they are only eating the starter grower food and have greasy water.
They are warm, but he is not panting...

Any advice?
Thank y’all again!!

So cute! :love
What does greasy water mean?
Can you get a video of the wheezing? (Have to load to YouTube or other hosting site, then embed here)

Back
Top Bottom