divineangel94

Songster
Jul 17, 2019
Hey guys.
So I have this broody hen who wants to be a mama.
My set up is....interesting. they have a pretty big coop which is surrounded my a decent sized kennel. My flock size used to be 14 but I lost 2.
Due to where we live, it is hard to make a separate area for her to do her thing safely. I live with my mother to take care of her because of her COPD and we have four dogs, so bringing them in isn't going to work.
I do want her to have at least one baby.
Is there a way that I can let her do it completely naturally where she's at? I mean before they became pets that worked right?
This is her. She is so sweet and talkative. She is about 3 years old. She was the first one to go broody 2 years ago when we still had 14 chickens.
As a first time chicken owner, I kind of want to experience this as well. If it is okay to let her do this naturally, tips would be awesome.
20200309_205205.jpg

Hey guys.
So I have this broody hen who wants to be a mama.
My set up is....interesting. they have a pretty big coop which is surrounded my a decent sized kennel. My flock size used to be 14 but I lost 2.
Due to where we live, it is hard to make a separate area for her to do her thing safely. I live with my mother to take care of her because of her COPD and we have four dogs, so bringing them in isn't going to work.
I do want her to have at least one baby.
Is there a way that I can let her do it completely naturally where she's at? I mean before they became pets that worked right?
This is her. She is so sweet and talkative. She is about 3 years old. She was the first one to go broody 2 years ago when we still had 14 chickens.
As a first time chicken owner, I kind of want to experience this as well. If it is okay to let her do this naturally, tips would be awesome. View attachment 2048018
I'd try to get her to hatch 4 and you can mark the eggs and remove any new ones or put up a temporary pen around her with feed and water with a place she can poop.

Back
Top Bottom