Man Fighter??

Busterchicken

Chirping
5 Years
Mar 6, 2014
My English Game Cock wont stop attacking anything that enters the run. Nothing I have tried has stopped him
he.gif
. He is the reason we put our chickens in a run in the first place. Is there any way i can tame him down/ dominate him (if that would work)? He makes interacting and properly caring for the hens really hard. Doing maintinence in the coop and looking behind your back while wielding a broom is really annoying.
barnie.gif
Please help!!!

No there no other way than killing or giving away. The sole reason Games were created is to produce birds that will not, never will back down from a fight.As part of the breeding, birds that quit and ran from a fight were killed.

He has decided humans are something to fight. He's a Game. See above.

Not all Games are man fighters. Some are naturally inclined to, others are not but can be deliberately or accidentally trained to by improper handling or teasing. It can take just one person having a laugh, goading the rooster with the foot to turn on the switch against all people.

He will be forever a pain. Some methods will only temporarily stop him only for him to start up again a few months later.

p.s. really do not recommend giving or selling. Too high of a risk of him either being used in fighting or going to a place where he could hurt someone- a kid.

Awwww, c'mon guys, he's not that bad, i am not gonna kill him, that's mean. Just tell me if there is a way i can calm him down. When he was younger (just before his fancy tail feathers) he would always cuddle in my lap and take a nap, and then one day while i was holding him, he pecked me aggressively, and it just went down hill. I think i once say a guy on youtube who tames his games by holding them with with weilding gloves on a daily basis an sitting in a room with aromatic sprays and they would eventually come to peace with him.

The moral of my replay- Is there any other way to tame him other than killing? And if you don't know one, don't replay, "kill him" or any variation of that phrase. Good history tho

Last edited:
No there no other way than killing or giving away. The sole reason Games were created is to produce birds that will not, never will back down from a fight.As part of the breeding, birds that quit and ran from a fight were killed.

He has decided humans are something to fight. He's a Game. See above.

Not all Games are man fighters. Some are naturally inclined to, others are not but can be deliberately or accidentally trained to by improper handling or teasing. It can take just one person having a laugh, goading the rooster with the foot to turn on the switch against all people.

He will be forever a pain. Some methods will only temporarily stop him only for him to start up again a few months later.

p.s. really do not recommend giving or selling. Too high of a risk of him either being used in fighting or going to a place where he could hurt someone- a kid.
Why will he forever be in pain?

A pain. A pain in the..... Not in pain.

Well, I did explain the history of Games. If you are insistent on taming him then you are going to have to invest quite a lot of time. If you can do that, good for you. If not.. well you are just have to put up with further annoyances from him.

However, if his behavior causes a reduced quality in care for rest of the birds- coop cleaned less often than needed, feed and water not kept fresh and so on then that is mean to the other birds and making you reduce your responsibility and lessen your enjoyment of the hobby....... the responsible thing would be to do away with him, in this kind of scenario.

Absolutely nothing mean about any one culling a 'mean' roo. It's being responsible- both by not breeding more like him and also not letting it interfere with care for rest of the flock. Most people are not really capable of tolerating an aggressive rooster. You're more of the exception than the norm.

Thank you for the info. His behavior isn't interfering with the care of the rest of the flock, but is more of an annoyance, nor am i going to hatch eggs. Despite his aggressive demeanor, I would feel guilty butchering the once-docile roo. I notice you mentioned, "If you are insistent on taming him then you are going to have to invest quite a lot of time," I would be happy investing time in taming him, do you know of a particular technique?

Thanks for the replies by the way

Back
Top Bottom