Mandrin ducklins

koiman

In the Brooder
10 Years
Feb 8, 2009
Gloucester
Getting diffrent info on mandrin babies Do you leave them with mother or not. We had to remove 6 little ones . three were killed during night and one disapeared during the day. Crow got him. They were climing out of the 1 inch netting around the main pond. Leaving the mom. So now I hear we might loose these even though they are eating and such..

I wont let my hens sit, because I just know they will get killed somehow. I hatch them myself in my incubator, and I make sure I have call ducklings hatching out at the same time, that way the call ducklings teach the mandies how to eat and drink. I dont mess with the mandarin babies the first 2 weeks or so, just to refill and clean waterers and feeders.

So if yours are eating and drinking then you don t have a problem. Mine are but I heard I will still loose them because they are not with the hen. Mine are seperate and look fine eating and all...

Thanks , Well if chasing them around a 20 foot pond with a net didnt kill them then they should be ok. Did move them outside today for awhile. Will just leave them in the 150 gallon Aquarium they are in for next several weeks.

Back
Top Bottom