Marans Thread - breed discussion & pictures are welcome!

I've got 8 BCMs eggs under a broody due to hatch in a week. I think only 5 will hatch, others seemed empty when I candled them. How on earth can you sex them that young! amazing. I'll be posting pix of mine in the hope that you'll be able to do the same for me

yay! Two eggs pipped! Let the fun begin!!
wink.png

got three chicks this morning.....and they are sure vocal.... yawn. By the time I went to sleep last night there were about a dozen eggs pipped, so should be a really active day today....good thing I am gonna be gone for most of the day

got three chicks this morning.....and they are sure vocal.... yawn. By the time I went to sleep last night there were about a dozen eggs pipped, so should be a really active day today....good thing I am gonna be gone for most of the day

clap.gif
Yeah! Come on chickies!! Got frost up there this morning?? We do!
th.gif

clap.gif
Yeah! Come on chickies!! Got frost up there this morning?? We do!
th.gif

no....it looks like it stayed just above freezing, but had frost the three days before... sounds like we should be warming up enough to not need to cover plants now. Now its onto rain for the next few days, which we need desperately, its so dry here!

The chickies are sure making quick work of things so far!

Yes, we could use the rain too, and it's supposed to start tonight, and go on into the middle of next week! Not a constant rain, but possible severe stuff on Sunday. Guess I'd better get my arse out there and till today!

Back
Top Bottom