Marans Thread - breed discussion & pictures are welcome!

Here are some better pictures of her and her soon to be mate. I picked her up and I did actually see a few (4) copper heckle feathers down her neck.

Hello everyone. I am new to Marans and just picked up my first Black Copper babies last weekend. I tried to read all I could about different lines, etc. Really, I am just in it for the egg color, but am dedicated to breeding only good breed specimens so I will be reading so much more on here! So, I know they are tiny, but how did I do? (they are various ages from 1+ week down to day old in the photos). Thanks!

Hello everyone. I am new to Marans and just picked up my first Black Copper babies last weekend. I tried to read all I could about different lines, etc. Really, I am just in it for the egg color, but am dedicated to breeding only good breed specimens so I will be reading so much more on here! So, I know they are tiny, but how did I do? (they are various ages from 1+ week down to day old in the photos). Thanks!

Congrats -Beautiful chicks !! There's several very good Marans breeders in Texas . Have you checked out marans groups on facebook /there are good ones , for a starter try 'Marans Fanciers'.

Here are some pics of my BBMs. I think the Blue is a pullet? and the black is a cockerel? I think they are just beautiful either way. They are about 8 weeks old and just moved them outside. The black cockerel has some copper coming up in his hackles now. What do you all think?

Hi Everyone:
I live in Jamestown, TN and I have Wheaton, Golden Cuckoo, Black, Blue, Splash Marans that are already laying, this year I am hatching out Columbians from Wolfbane, Black Tail and Blue Tail Buffs from ladycat and whites.

Back
Top Bottom