Marans Thread - breed discussion & pictures are welcome!

I was told by two different judges that if they are the only bird and non approved they can make the call since they are not competing against approved birds. So, just going by what I was told.
Vicki, the main reason this can not happen is because once they are made BOB they would be eligible for Best Continental.

Last edited:
if you could post some photos, I bet we could tell you. ;)

Will post tonight when I get home.
As far as showing, as long as he can at least be entered and not turned down or ineligible, we are happy. I wouldnt expect to place in a class if its not an approved color. Its my 8 year old's living breathing toy right now, so all is happy.
I just joined a poultry association, so I can bring up a "hypothetical" question like this and see what they say too.

I am two years into my "chicken project" and have yet to see a broody hen... all I can say is I am totally excited at the idea of a hen clucking about the yard with little chicks behind her... I will be grinning from ear to ear! I even took in a banty in hopes of a little broodiness around here... nothing, nada...sigh.

I have my first broody marans. Dead of winter of course! lol

Congrats on your broody Elisha!

My wanna be broody, Darryl, stopped trying to be broody as soon as I took her 6.5 month old kiddos away from her again after seperating everyone into new coops. Silly chickens!

Is that a bluebell? I have one, they are marans crossed with RIRs and there eggs are brown/tint, if its a bluebell
tongue.png
Sussexmarans, why did you think that pullet is a cross? She looks like a perfectly nice blue copper Marans to me
hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom