Marans Thread - breed discussion & pictures are welcome!

Quote:
Here she is about a week ago... Do they sometimes start with such little 'inking'/coating at the start? Yours appears much more coated... Do you think that the smear is blood or possibly some of the 'ink'?
FYI: the bottom of the egg in the picture is shadowed... not coated with bloom... the tone is more like the top all over.
50610_marans.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
Yard Candy!!!!
droolin.gif
droolin.gif

haha...I'm guilty of "collecting yard candy" then....haha
gig.gif
If they don't have a certain something special about them when I look at them they don't make the cut here. Its pretty funny when the yard candy comes charging at me from all over the backyard to see what kind of treats I've brought for them.
wink.png
Did ya see I finally posted in the blue thread for ya?

I love when they run over to see what I've brought them, especially if I have the shovel in my hands and they think there's a mouse on it. (Long story short, my small dog likes to kill mice and leaves them around the chickens' run, and the chickens go crazy if they see the dead mouse.)
Do you think this girl is about ready to lay?! She needs to start paying rent.
80295_img_1152.jpg

Her comb is a little weird, because it looks ripply.

Her pelvic bone? I haven't checked that yet, I usually just go by their squatting. I can't wait to see her first egg. I blow out every first egg I've gotten from each one that has laid. My Delaware started a couple days ago and she is only 22 weeks old. She beat my Blue to the punch.

Usually if I reach behind there they try to run away. I did check it a couple weeks ago or so, but it was still not wide enough and she wasn't squatting yet. But this is great news...I didn't know she would take so long!

Quote:
Yard Candy!!!!
droolin.gif
droolin.gif

haha...I'm guilty of "collecting yard candy" then....haha
gig.gif
If they don't have a certain something special about them when I look at them they don't make the cut here. Its pretty funny when the yard candy comes charging at me from all over the backyard to see what kind of treats I've brought for them.
wink.png
Did ya see I finally posted in the blue thread for ya?

I think I did but I will go take another look....

Back
Top Bottom