Marans Thread - breed discussion & pictures are welcome!

I suppose this should stop surprising me

It's no fun if you take away the element of surprise.
smile.png

Quote:
thanks Kathy!

Hey did you make it over the the Gardner sale in Kansas I sent you the info about? And...are you heading to Sedalia?

I did not make it to the Gardner sale, and I have to work Saturday and can't make it to Sedalia. Last time I went to Sedalia it was mostly Silkies, and hardly no large fowl at all. I was disappointed and have not been back.

Quote:
CP is not the only person that I know that breeds super friendly birds .....I know this lady in Missouri that breeds these Delawares that are out of control, ever OOBER & OVER friendly.
wink.png
big_smile.png

hahaha Those crazy Dels! They are like a handbag, and think they have to be on your arm all the time.
lol.png

Quote:
thanks Kathy!

Hey did you make it over the the Gardner sale in Kansas I sent you the info about? And...are you heading to Sedalia?

I did not make it to the Gardner sale, and I have to work Saturday and can't make it to Sedalia. Last time I went to Sedalia it was mostly Silkies, and hardly no large fowl at all. I was disappointed and have not been back.

Quote:
CP is not the only person that I know that breeds super friendly birds .....I know this lady in Missouri that breeds these Delawares that are out of control, ever OOBER & OVER friendly.
wink.png
big_smile.png

hahaha Those crazy Dels! They are like a handbag, and think they have to be on your arm all the time.
lol.png

really? i haven't been to sedalia before...well my parents told me i did when i was little...but don't remember it. good thing im mostly going to meet up with some people and to see about getting some birds ahead of time.

Yes, I'm interested in the show in Sedalia. I must have misunderstood one of the posts and thought it was coming up this weekend. We're only about an hour from Sedalia, so I'd be interested in hearing more about it. Thanks!

Quote:
April (always 3rd Saturday)
Missouri State Poultry Assoc. Show & Swap Meet
Missouri State Fairgrounds\\Sedalia, MO
ABA SPECIAL MEET
660-647-2474
[email protected],

October (always 3rd Saturday)
Missouri State Poultry Assoc. Show & Swap Meet
Double Show
Missouri State Fairgrounds\\Sedalia, MO
ABA SPECIAL MEET
660-647-2474
[email protected],

March-Heartland Classic Poultry Show
(3rd weekend)
Brase Arena Building
Cape Gerardeau, MO
Greg Chamness 618-922-6003

Quote:
Yeah...I talked to Marquisella and she said she is selling out of them and won't have any available. I didn't know that CPARTIST had any...or that you had gotten yours from her until I just read your posts this morning...perhaps I shall have to pester them!
wink.png
I'm looking for as close to the old standard as possible with them as I'm picky about my wyandottes. They are kind of a first love in poultry for me...

Actually, I am keeping my blrws...I had some sold, but the logistics of shippinng them to Florida was too much...so I am keeping them, but culling down to 6 hens.
So, I will be offering chicks this fall.

Back
Top Bottom