Marans Thread - breed discussion & pictures are welcome!

Quote:
Does this mean she is selling her Marans?
ep.gif

Quote:
Does this mean she is selling her Marans?
ep.gif

I think she is just gonna send them to freezer camp.

I can't imagine that.
idunno.gif
I would think her birds would be worth a considerable amount of money....
th.gif

I'm already looking forward to what folks have to say about this in the morning!
pop.gif

Last edited:
This is starting to get ridiculous....I just caught my third possum of the day....so the count is 4 in the last three days!
barnie.gif

I am more convinced than ever that they were dislodged from their homes and their food source when the contractors ripped up the creek beds in several neighbor's fields. The only creek bed not disturbed is the one that runs closest to my house and I think that might be where they are all hiding and its just a hop skip and jump to cross a short amount of corn field, the road and be in my yard and on the way to the chickens at the back of the property. I really hope they get done with the creek bed work soon. I am not enjoying this at all.
th.gif

Although if one is keeping score...I'm winning
wink.png

Vicki- 4

Possums - 2

Quote:
Been there, done that!
We have now trapped and removed 42 coons, and 38 possums.

HOLY CRAP!!!!!
ep.gif
What was the length of time that you caught all of those over? I think I'd be goin a bit looney if I had that goin here. I've NEVER had this problem before. I think in all the years I've been here...I've seen a handful of predators close enough to the property to warrant concern. I guess I've had it lucky then eh to only have 4. Do you set a bunch of traps? or how do you manage them?

Quote:
Been there, done that!

Where'd ya move them to? Gilavina's place?
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
Just kidding!

I just checked my broody hen again. I don't think the last 3 are going to hatch.
sad.png
I'll give them till morning, though.

Quote:
Been there, done that!

Where'd ya move them to? Gilavina's place?
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
Just kidding!

I just checked my broody hen again. I don't think the last 3 are going to hatch.
sad.png
I'll give them till morning, though.

Haha OH DEAR! I sure hope I'll have to make sure I stay on good behavior if that's the ramifications.
ep.gif

That's too bad about the eggies...maybe they will surprise you? One can always hope right?

Back
Top Bottom