Marans Thread for Posting Pics of Your Eggs, Chicks and Chickens

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you guys think? Another roo?? I can't hatch a BCM pullet to save my life. He is about 7 weeks old in this picture (taken today):

RSCN0716.jpg

Here he is stretching up as the cat comes in to view. The MFD is full grown so that gives you an idea how tall he is:

RSCN0717.jpg

BTW - My 6 month old BCM now hates me and constantly stalks me. I have to call on my alpha roo to protect me. Sometimes I just carry the alpha roo around with me- it seems to work...

idunno.gif

Hi everyone. I lost my entire flock of BCM yesterday to coons except one hen. I am just sick about it. Does anyone live in MN? If so, does anyone have a BC rooster they would want to part with? I hatched these myself and don't really want to start there again but will if I have to. Thanks for listening. Is anyone going to the show in September?

Quote:
I am sorry for your losses.
hugs.gif
I recently lost more than 20 of my own flock, and it still smarts, many of them were extra special to me, like the NN on my avatar....I hope you find a rooster.
Tina

Last edited:
Thanks. I know people think I am stange that I cried like a baby but my girls and I hatched them and the people that sent the eggs were awesome with the learning curve on my end and then something like this happens. I can't believe how smart coons are. They were in a horse stall totally wired up and the coons came in between the top of the door and ceiling. It looked like a massacre in there. I know it was racoons because of the poop. We are working on trapping them tonight. Cross your fingers!

Tara

Im adding Cuckoo Marans to my flock this year!!!! Soooo excited i will post pics if the eggs are really nice looking and dark! And pics when they hatch!

Joy

What do you guys think about my BC marans roo? We hatched him from some eggs we bought from a breeder here at BYC. He is about 15 weeks old, and I have a little BC marans girl from another breeder to pair him with. I really was after pullets for the dark eggs, but I think he's beautiful and kept him as the roo for my flock. I was wondering if he might be breeder quality?
14834_img_0822.jpg
14834_img_0824.jpg
14834_img_0820.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom