MARCH 2021 HATCH-A-LONG 🌷🌸🌼

Pics
I had to skip this thread. My eggs arrived on wednesday. The estimated hatch day is April the 8. I ordered only 20 and got 31.... the almost didn't fit in my incubator. And I got my King Suro 20 incubator, hopefully he is more accuarte then my old on.

I hope your chicks hatch healty. I squeeze my thumbs. Maybe some of you will also join the april hatch-a-long.
I am very tempted to hatch some of my green eggs. I think the EE hen x Dominique roo might give me an olive egger. I just might join in lol 😂 chicken math is hitting me hard!!

Out of a total 5 dozen due today (30 had already been tossed) 13 have emerged and 2 more are pipped. I don’t have much hope for the rest. They include 2 lavender Orpington, 2 mystery chicks that I misplaced with the Cream Legbars and I think must be Araucana (the black ones) 3 Silverudd’s Blue and the rest Cream Legbar. Out of 2 dozen set for tomorrow, 4 are pipped. is my little shrink-wrapped Silverudd’s Blue that I hatched out of a tan egg with speckles I had to give him a warm bath and set him in front of the heater he got glued to the hatching tray. Poor guy. put him in the Brinsea to finish drying because the Brinsea is much easier to open and see inside. Hope he makes it. The other photo is the party in the brooder.
8EC8B97F-9D3C-4CDA-AD57-FC87D873D569.jpeg

CB30CC4F-094A-4427-8004-4712389487BB.jpeg

Out of a total 5 dozen due today (30 had already been tossed) 13 have emerged and 2 more are pipped. I don’t have much hope for the rest. They include 2 lavender Orpington, 2 mystery chicks that I misplaced with the Cream Legbars and I think must be Araucana (the black ones) 3 Silverudd’s Blue and the rest Cream Legbar. Out of 2 dozen set for tomorrow, 4 are pipped. is my little shrink-wrapped Silverudd’s Blue that I hatched out of a tan egg with speckles I had to give him a warm bath and set him in front of the heater he got glued to the hatching tray. Poor guy. put him in the Brinsea to finish drying because the Brinsea is much easier to open and see inside. Hope he makes it. The other photo is the party in the brooder.
View attachment 2578075
View attachment 2578071
So sorry for the poor hatches. It is always so disappointing when that happens. Any ideas what caused it?
Congratulations on the ones that did hatch! 🥰

So sorry for the poor hatches. It is always so disappointing when that happens. Any ideas what caused it?
Congratulations on the ones that did hatch! 🥰
No idea why this happened. It’s a new incubator. I’ve called the company five times. I’ve done everything they have suggested. Everyone tells me fluctuations are normal :idunno Doing another test hatch to satisfy the company before possibly returning it if the issue is not corrected.

Back
Top Bottom