MARCH 2021 HATCH-A-LONG 🌷🌸🌼

Pics
We're on day #12 now
Did some more candling, and it's starting to look like I'll only get three chicks from this time around.
None of the remaining shipped eggs look to be where they should be in terms of growth and development. Sad, I really thought I'd get a couple of chicks, but I think the handling during shipping was too harsh or the temperatures too cold. Nothing anyone could have done about it.

Three of the four from my yard look good (last didn't develop at all). I love seeing the appenzeller mix, it's my first white egg to be incubating and I can see much detail and movement inside. I swear tonight I saw the little feathers starting to come in.

I'm wondering when I should think about removing any clear eggs or eggs with poor development.

We're on day #12 now
Did some more candling, and it's starting to look like I'll only get three chicks from this time around.
None of the remaining shipped eggs look to be where they should be in terms of growth and development. Sad, I really thought I'd get a couple of chicks, but I think the handling during shipping was too harsh or the temperatures too cold. Nothing anyone could have done about it.

Three of the four from my yard look good (last didn't develop at all). I love seeing the appenzeller mix, it's my first white egg to be incubating and I can see much detail and movement inside. I swear tonight I saw the little feathers starting to come in.

I'm wondering when I should think about removing any clear eggs or eggs with poor development.
I candle my first time at day 7 if perfectly clear no veining I remove. If its a "I'm not sure egg" for whatever reason I leave. Also any eggs with blood ring I remove.

4 little EEs so far!
0C0B8902-77F0-43E5-94BD-68961F55BCAE.png

Back
Top Bottom