MARCH 2021 HATCH-A-LONG 🌷🌸🌼

Pics
Day 5,
Candled four more eggs.

1/3 barnyard mix / Buff Orpington (mine) - Growing good
2/3 Lavender Orpington (shipped) - No sign of life, possibly a de-attached air cell.
2/4 Speckled Sussex (shipped) - Growing, weirdly placed air-cell but the embryo is trying its best.
3/4 Speckled Sussex (shipped) - Growing, looks the best so far out of the shipped eggs.

Tomorrow I get to candle the last four eggs and then it's back to waiting until day 10. Today's looked a bit more hopeful than yesterday's, but we're still in the early stages. Hoping for a few neat chicks.

For the life of me I cannot see through these Cream Legbar eggs! They are just really dark - and I was using my husband’s really bright led flashlight. Am I doing something wrong? Has anyone else had this problem?
Green and blue eggs are almost as hard as seeing into as dark brown Marans eggs. You can try using the flashlight on one end and an iphone flashlight on the other end. I find this works well. You will need an extra pair of hands. 😊

Green and blue eggs are almost as hard as seeing into as dark brown Marans eggs. You can try using the flashlight on one end and an iphone flashlight on the other end. I find this works well. You will need an extra pair of hands. 😊
Oh! I was losing hope because I couldn’t see anything! I will involve the husband. He loves my chicken habit (NOT!) thank you!

For the life of me I cannot see through these Cream Legbar eggs! They are just really dark - and I was using my husband’s really bright led flashlight. Am I doing something wrong? Has anyone else had this problem?
I had the same issue with the blue eggs I hatched out last hatch. I just could not tell. Barely saw the air sac. I just gave up & treated them as if they were fertile. What hatched hatched & what didn’t didn’t 🤷‍♀️

Back
Top Bottom